eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, inconsistant said:

"all the rest of the car is original and genuine"

That should be on 10inch wheels shouldn't it? Our old A reg Mini Mayfair had 10s, thought the 12inches came in on B reg. Still nice though.

Bigger wheels and arch extensions were a factory option on the Mayfair in 83, so could be original.

My God that Buick is hideous.

7 hours ago, BeEP said:

That's a shame, especially given the hours/miles he put into collecting it!

Indeed - I'm not selling it with any degree of enthusiasm.  I need to be realistic though - to get it reliably mobile again I need to replace the ring gear, which means the engine needs to come out.  I don't have anywhere to do that - I don't have space on my drive (and I don't think it'd go down too well with neighbours / landlady if I tried), and attempting to do it on the residents' car park would really be taking the piss.  The only way it'd get done is if I paid a garage to transport it away and do the work, and there's no way I can afford that at the moment.

Plus I'm still spreading myself far too thin.  If I can concentrate on just a couple of projects (the Renault 6 and the Innocenti, and the Spacy for 2-wheeled fun and frolics), they stand a small chance of getting done, in between having to sort the moderns (this weekend's job is to replace a front wishbone on the Mondeo).  So the Merc is up for sale, and the CX and (potentially) the 164 will be going up on C&C very shortly as well.

@vulgalour @phil_lihp and anyone else with a Wedge.... SPOILER ALERT etc... same seller has a NOS bumper as well, I would post a link but it's teatime.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Unipart-Austin-Ambassador-Leyland-Princess-Wedge-Rear-Spoiler-Aerofoil/224001833432?hash=item34278cb9d8:g:cCgAAOSwja5es4fC

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

Bigger wheels and arch extensions were a factory option on the Mayfair in 83, so could be original.

My God that Buick is hideous.

The optional wheels would have been 10inch x165 Exacton (aka mini special) alloys. 

I'd imagine 10inch tyres are harder to find these days which might explain it.

It's got an MG metro rocker cover too. I'll hang my anorak up now :)

still nice to see an almost original mayfair though. My first car in 1997 was almost the same but Zircon blue with the 10 inch alloys.

33 minutes ago, MrBiscuits said:

The optional wheels would have been 10inch x165 Exacton (aka mini special) alloys. 

I'd imagine 10inch tyres are harder to find these days which might explain it.

It's got an MG metro rocker cover too. I'll hang my anorak up now :)

still nice to see an almost original mayfair though. My first car in 1997 was almost the same but Zircon blue with the 10 inch alloys.

Eleventy geek points, hat doffed. 

And my apologies to @inconsistant as he was right about the 10” wheels.

1 hour ago, outlaw118 said:

@vulgalour @phil_lihp and anyone else with a Wedge.... SPOILER ALERT etc... same seller has a NOS bumper as well, I would post a link but it's teatime.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Unipart-Austin-Ambassador-Leyland-Princess-Wedge-Rear-Spoiler-Aerofoil/224001833432?hash=item34278cb9d8:g:cCgAAOSwja5es4fC

I will let @vulgalour step in on that, my bootlid already has enough holes in it without drilling more.  

5 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

s-l1600.jpg

I just slipped and fell and BOUGHT THIS.  I hope you're happy.

18 hours ago, bramz7 said:

What are the 1.2s like in the Brava? It always seemed a bit tiny to me, but I guess 80hp was the same as the Tipo 1.4, so probably adequate. 

Odd to see quite a well specced one now.

the 1.4 was the engine to avoid at all costs, had it in a tipo and it shat itself, had it in a brava and it shat itself. Goddamn 1.4 fiat engine.

14 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Indeed - I'm not selling it with any degree of enthusiasm.  I need to be realistic though - to get it reliably mobile again I need to replace the ring gear, which means the engine needs to come out.  I don't have anywhere to do that - I don't have space on my drive (and I don't think it'd go down too well with neighbours / landlady if I tried), and attempting to do it on the residents' car park would really be taking the piss.  The only way it'd get done is if I paid a garage to transport it away and do the work, and there's no way I can afford that at the moment.

Plus I'm still spreading myself far too thin.  If I can concentrate on just a couple of projects (the Renault 6 and the Innocenti, and the Spacy for 2-wheeled fun and frolics), they stand a small chance of getting done, in between having to sort the moderns (this weekend's job is to replace a front wishbone on the Mondeo).  So the Merc is up for sale, and the CX and (potentially) the 164 will be going up on C&C very shortly as well.

164???? Tell me more.

9 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Aaaaaand bid.... Thank you.

Yes, gopping as hell but in 20 years people will be falling over themselves for these.