eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I want one since 1976!

I did put an IMO reasonable bid on it last time around. This particular example would be of interest to me from the first pound under 10k.

I was outbid and the seller now claims the maximum bid last time was 500£ short of the reserve. So the reserve is 12k. Sorry, but I know of several much better examples offered for 12k without me having to go through the hassle of an online auction.

Also, not letting the car go for 11500 instead of 12k in this time and day convinces me I don't want to deal with that person.

Fuddy-duddy pettifogging is not my style.

not if the 11500 bid was the sellers mate bidding it up because its only worth 9K

also:

$T2eC16V,!%29!E9s2fB+2%29BR1dBM80Wg~~60_

photos are so old theres snow on the ground

not if the 11500 bid was the sellers mate bidding it up because its only worth 9K

With cars like this it's always difficult to tell what they are 'worth'. Basically, they are worth what a buyer wants to pay for it on the day of sale, despite their actual value can be a multitude of this.

I followed pretty much all AML sales in the past three years and the car in question is certainly not a prime example. Mind you, this has the advantage that it could be enjoyed as a driver without regrets, rather than being a Rembrandt stored in a climatised vault.

However, serious buyers are few and far between and despite the cars are rare, supply does in fact outstrip demand. People simply aren't queuing up for these. Mid term investment potential? Forget it, there are better possibilities out there if you really are into that kind of thing. Even a similar example just with LHD would be better for that.

So taking all this into consideration, not selling it for 11500 instead of 12000 is a tad odd, so you probably are right.

The surroundings of the car don't suggest the seller is starved for money, too.

As I said before, 9999 would make me take a deep breath, smack my ass cheeks together, and write a check, despite I think that's about 2500 more than the car is really worth*.

Re that black SD1 - bollox to all the 'one of a kind' and 'thouands spent on chroming the engine' it looks shit, BUT you could rip all that crap off and have yourself a very nice black V8S.

Re that blue MK2 Granada starting bids @ 4.5k but seller cant be arsed to take a pic of the interior or engine bay? These people wind me up, ebay allow up to 12 pics when selling a car don't they?

Junkman, I take it you did see that there is no reserve on the Lagonda this time around (well other than the potential for assisted bidding, or pulling the auction early) so go on, go on, go on, have a bid on it, what have you got to lose?

Anyway I have just found a more suitable car for Barrett and apart from being stylish transport he would have the option to earn a bit of money on the side in his seaside hometown - in this weather it should pay for itself in a week or so. It's like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang meets the popemobile, I wonder if it has a coal powered fridge?

$T2eC16dHJGwFFYr14jIEBR3ByBZJBw~~60_12.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-COWLEY-RED-AND-CREAM-THE-WORLDS-OLDEST-ICE-CREAM-VAN-/161062953374?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item258019a19e

BILLY TO THE BEIGE COURTESY PHONE, SCOTLAND CALLING...

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/vauxhall-cavalier-18-gls-in-kings-blue-full-years-mot/1024702144

$%28KGrHqJ,!lwFHDHVGt%29bBR3BJ7vyg!~~48_

I would go spunk £500 of the wife's cash on this myself. If she had £500. And I was braver than to cross her and litter her driveway with another blue Cavalier.

Junkman, I take it you did see that there is no reserve on the Lagonda this time around (well other than the potential for assisted bidding, or pulling the auction early) so go on, go on, go on, have a bid on it, what have you got to lose?

Anyway I have just found a more suitable car for Barrett and apart from being stylish transport he would have the option to earn a bit of money on the side in his seaside hometown - in this weather it should pay for itself in a week or so. It's like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang meets the popemobile, I wonder if it has a coal powered fridge?

$T2eC16dHJGwFFYr14jIEBR3ByBZJBw~~60_12.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-COWLEY-RED-AND-CREAM-THE-WORLDS-OLDEST-ICE-CREAM-VAN-/161062953374?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item258019a19e

that is indeed the worlds oldest ice cream van, and the body is on its third donor car

details here:

Volvo. +40ps.

Jewish Racing Gold. +25pts.