eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Fuck a duck that SD1 looks like some kind of deranged knight rider attempt.

Has anyone ever owned an ex-plod car? The internets makes out they're well looked after, oil changed every 3000 miles etc but my old boy who occasionally fixed them in the past reconed they're totally hammered into the ground and massively shagged out old knackers by the time they leave active service.

I'd quite like a plod t5 just out of the sheer twat factor of being able to put the shits up tail gaiting wankers.

$T2eC16FHJHIFFhnk5)g1BR2t--FB)g~~48_80.J

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volvo-estate-t5-ex-police-car-2002-52-plate/1024601963#photo-content

Has anyone ever owned an ex-plod car? The internets makes out they're well looked after, oil changed every 3000 miles etc but my old boy who occasionally fixed them in the past reconed they're totally hammered into the ground and massively shagged out old knackers by the time they leave active service.

Yes to both. They ARE well maintained, well the traffic cars are anyway, the pandas less so, they usually get serviced every 6 weeks or something like that, but they're driven very hard and the interiors are often totally destroyed.

My mate bought an ex armed response car which was a decent colour and hadn't had too much of the dash ripped out but it was still a mess inside.

:snapback.png

cort16, on 08 Jul 2013 - 9:50 PM, said

Yes to both. They ARE well maintained, well the traffic cars are anyway, the pandas less so, they usually get serviced every 6 weeks or something like that, but they're driven very hard and the interiors are often totally destroyed.
My mate bought an ex armed response car which was a decent colour and hadn't had too much of the dash ripped out but it was still a mess inside.

My Vectra is an ex-traffic car, and that certainly seems to have been well maintained, mechanically at least.  It doesn't drive like it's done 184K.  Another advantage (at least I consider it an advantage) with ex-plod motors is that they tend to be a fairly basic spec, which means less to go wrong.  My Vectra is a 55-plate 3.2 V6 estate, but it has no aircon and keep-fit windows in the back.  As long as you don't mind holes in the dash (and plugged holes in the roof) they're not a bad buy.

Edit:  How the feck do you do a double quote on this newfangled forum?

I want one since 1976!

I did put an IMO reasonable bid on it last time around. This particular example would be of interest to me from the first pound under 10k.

I was outbid and the seller now claims the maximum bid last time was 500£ short of the reserve. So the reserve is 12k. Sorry, but I know of several much better examples offered for 12k without me having to go through the hassle of an online auction.

Also, not letting the car go for 11500 instead of 12k in this time and day convinces me I don't want to deal with that person.

Fuddy-duddy pettifogging is not my style.