eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 8/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, Fabergé Greggs said:

Oh hell. 

It's a diesel. It's beige. It's close to me. 

Damn I do not have the space - Mrs S would murder me. 

^^Who needs a boot anyway? Built in 1954, just a year after the floods that devastated Canvey Island where it currently lives.

Anyway, this non-runner needs saving. E26 JLL is the number, despite appearances.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/478634032926560/

67764942_10211115257515815_8173080446528

^^ (1954 Standard Eight posted 2 hours ago, previous page), no proper bootlid till 1957. That must have made things a bit awkward sometimes, especially if you were of ample size or advanced age.

Skip to 1.25mins.

Imagine trying to get a fully loaded toolbox in and out of there.

Could put the dog in there on a blanket. Or the baby.

That makes me really want another one. I never realised the whole rear seat base tips forward, though. Also didn't realise that tartan seat trim was original. Somebody buy the blue one I posted, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. That film is great - note the lack of hubcaps and single wiper, a specification that was so miserable it didn't even last a year iirc

Very basic spec to keep price down.

Excellent article on AROnline.

https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/standard/810-pennant/the-rivals-standard-eight-ten-and-pennant/

Quote, -   ". . . . . and infamously, the omission of an external boot lid.  This latter feature was promoted as an advantage, as it allowed the luggage space to be extended into the rear passenger compartment, and was “dust and rain sealed”".

Excellent work, always look on the positive side, give that advertising man a cigar.

5 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

^^ (1954 Standard Eight posted 2 hours ago, previous page), no proper bootlid till 1957. That must have made things a bit awkward sometimes, especially if you were of ample size or advanced age.

Skip to 1.25mins.

Imagine trying to get a fully loaded toolbox in and out of there. 

Split folding rear seat.  Posh! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-se-4-0-petrol-auto-gold-1998-good-example/292821167527?hash=item442d806da7:g:NG0AAOSwdhdb8DR5

while o the look out for a local sensible replacement for the Rover 75. this jewish racing beige beauty has caught my eye. 

because i'm an idiot.........

with age the P38 has got better looking from when it was launched, as when new i didn't much care for them. 

but now they are i think a fine looking car. and current Range Roonies, as that what they are, are fit for footballers wives and wanna be gangsta types on any sink council estate.

awful, just awful.... well here is that P38 anyway.

s-l1600.jpg

and i hate that fuckin' bull bar.

7 hours ago, Lankytim said:

Any use to anyone? Looks pretty tidy, looks like it’s had a bit of welding on the sills but overall pretty nice.  Stoke on Trent ST6

3C5E6BAC-01BD-4DA2-89A4-67755841450D.jpeg

3A4BC0DD-29AA-46B1-A9C1-F820C149FF1C.jpeg

72B40308-00A6-4F7A-A2D1-23E81CA8849D.jpeg

i learnt to drive on one like that, some 28 years ago.

it was the smol car my mother had, and been 17 i HATED been seen in it. i was SO SO embarrassed by the bloody thing!

hell even been seen in the rusty mark 1 sierra that my father was smoking around in was preferable to been seen the flippin' Metro.

now, how ever, i love to get a Metro as good looking as that. the only thing its missing are its little, round black hub caps to go with its 12 inch mark one wheels.

funny how things change, huh?

20 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-se-4-0-petrol-auto-gold-1998-good-example/292821167527?hash=item442d806da7:g:NG0AAOSwdhdb8DR5

while o the look out for a local sensible replacement for the Rover 75. this jewish racing beige beauty has caught my eye. 

because i'm an idiot.........

with age the P38 has got better looking from when it was launched, as when new i didn't much care for them. 

but now they are i think a fine looking car. and current Range Roonies, as that what they are, are fit for footballers wives and wanna be gangsta types on any sink council estate.

awful, just awful.... well here is that P38 anyway.

s-l1600.jpg

and i hate that fuckin' bull bar.

When I'm in my P38 driving past new Range Rovers and RR Sports they just look like toys in comparison. The P38 looks purposeful and has aged reasonably well in terms of looks. Also I suspect a P38, despite all its reliability problems, is still more dependable than a new one.