eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Well, that's my foray into Alfa ownership sorted! :lol:

Cheers Cort! (I think?!) :mrgreen:

They're temperamental big shites those 166's but well worth 500 notes just for the noise alone. If you go to look at it first have a look at the big engine mount on the left hand side top of the engine as if borked (the rubber splits away from the bolt) as ruins they handling and they're about 1.7 billion lira to replace. Also the rear suspension setup is mega complex (you won't believe it until you see it) as it's meant to allow the rear wheels to steer slightly on corners. Have a look for bent suspension arms and worn bushes as it ruins the way they drive and looks seriously involved.

Mike - Ed's done the engine mount on this as far as know. Having been driven around (and driven!) around North Lincs in it at very high speed, I can confirm it's fantastic.

the avenger looked crap to me,and the line of it was repainted not because it needed it,but to preserve it seemed like complete bollox to me,i thought thats what the purpose of paint was,to preserve the metal underneath,so if it wasnt a rotten out hulk found in the back of a damp shed behind a workshop (etc) why repaint it?

aye repainting it has lowered the value of it. Given its got next to no miles and is clearly kept in a garage why would you strip it and repaint it? What's it actually going to achieve other than taking away the originality? Folk are odd.

I'm sure there used to be a next to no miles avenger in the Transport Museum in Glasgow years back so I wonder if this is it although I've a funny feeling it was a later model.

I guess it's galvanised or the like now. Still seems seriously odd to do that to delivery mileage old car that's not rotten. Alright if it has 60 miles on it a rust old crock then fine but not when it was like that.

hillman_avenger_paint.jpg

Wing tops look a bit sus to me. Also echo the 'why bother' comments as there can only be an incredibly tiny minority of people who'd actually register/use the car. The best possible place for that is a showroom or heated garage where rust wouldn't be an issue anyhow.

View2-19021029.jpeg

Bit steep at €800 yo-yos for a car that still needs to be re-registered and then fixed, (sounds like it needs a head rebuilt from what he says) and I don't know but I'm guessing any dealing with Spanish authorities to re-register may be less fun than a wander down Cherry Blossom Lane.

Looks like a fun novelty though a SEAT 124, would that be closer to the FIAT mechanical spec than a Lada, aren't the a little more sophisticated that the Russian variant?

IF it's the same car... that Avenger sold on eBay a good few years ago, went for around £7k. Had about 17 miles on the clock. There was some story about the family having a rootes dealership and the Avenger was stored away as an investment. Family sold dealership and moved abroad car was forgotten about for many years, oh... and the top surfaces had suffered in storage, i do remember that from the original listing, so it really did need painting. They have kinda ruined it now in my opinion.

I like that 5 too, rear wheels look like they could rub like a bastard mind and I'm not sold on the front grill.

The Lumberghini Cuntach has hit the bay!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251265674568?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

$T2eC16hHJIYE9qUcQY,UBRd7u7r+1Q~~60_58.JPG

What a fucking ACE advert! £500 already, should buy a few beers...