eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Here's a weird one. It's a mark 2 Astra from Junkmans last acceptable year of manufacture but under the bonnet we find something unexpected. Rather than the standard Family2 OHC motor, we find a pushrod 1256 from the Chevette.

I didn't know Vauxhall used this engine in these - maybe they found a load of old Chevette engines in a shed somewhere and decided to use them up in a poverty spec special? Or has some maniac decided that cambelts are "too complicated" and built it himself?

anal rack time

the engine in those Astrays is not a Viva or Chevette engine its the Opal version of the engine (totally different design if you put them side by side, (as used in the kadettes) made differently to stop cross trade of UK parts to Germany and or visa versa.....

Only common part in engines is the pushrods maybe valve springs and even then only for later 1256cc Viva / chevette engines, oil pumps, water-pumps, cranks, valves pistons, con-rods, bearings, camshafts, heads, gaskets, timing chain,  clutch (you get the picture) and flywheel all different.

All thats said weezy engine yes!

£1050 no less it's got a 2.5 v6 cohon engine

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

I'm going to be calling everyone muggy cunts at work tomorrow.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-motorhomes/ford-coutina-star-craft-camper-project-swap-for-another-car-or-what-u-got-to-swap/1279069902

restored with front discs

I'd like to see how they managed to restore it only using brake discs.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-bis-restored-with-front-discs/152829522187?hash=item239559710b:g:CeoAAOSwDFBaJpCI

New front headlights

Full years mot

I'm guessing it got an MOT before before the new headlights were haphazardly shoved in.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980-W-LANDROVER-109-REGULAR-FOR-RESTORATION-OVERDRIVE-G-BOX-AND-PERKINS-DIESEL/122866018482?hash=item1c9b62a8b2:g:SOcAAOSw3s1aAhdE

'

MANY YEARS AGO IT WAS FITTED WITH A PERKINS DIESEL ENGINE AND IT HAS AN OVERDRIVE GEARBOX,WE HAVEN'T TRIED TO GET IT RUNNING'

Because it's quicker and less painful to walk everywhere instead?

If it's a jen-you-wine Stage 1 it's probably worth buying and converting back to correct fuelling and number of cylinders given the amount of scene taxation that now applies to even ordinary green ovals. Perkins be gone!

price is already accelerating off the 'aw come on, really ?' scale

Yeah and:

Reserve not met

About ten years ago when I was 15 or so my mother and I drove past an early 80's or late 70's Mini for sale. Nice original car in yellow with no rust and we thought we should buy it and keep it for when I passed my test. £600 quid it was. Bugger me I wish we had bought it and kept it untill now.

anal rack time

the engine in those Astrays is not a Viva or Chevette engine its the Opal version of the engine (totally different design if you put them side by side, (as used in the kadettes) made differently to stop cross trade of UK parts to Germany and or visa versa.....

Only common part in engines is the pushrods maybe valve springs and even then only for later 1256cc Viva / chevette engines, oil pumps, water-pumps, cranks, valves pistons, con-rods, bearings, camshafts, heads, gaskets, timing chain,  clutch (you get the picture) and flywheel all different.

All thats said weezy engine yes!

Splendid Mr Bottomley, thank you. Every days a school day!