eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

/\

Had actually completely forgotten about them. Incredibly rare shite these days.

Fixed

According to a colleague who was a Vauxhall tech at the time, even the guys at Vauxhall admitted that they were built to "North American tastes and standards".

They may have meant "North Korean".

Seller says that VIN is not stamped into the body but on pop riveted plate - however Metro Mk1 and 2 had VIN in the engine compartment drain lip at the scuttle edge stamped into the shell.

My two'pennorth is its a late Mk2 bodyshell /interior - even the inside isnt Mk1 - RINGADINGADINGDONG

21314621_822226667965572_134808336309426

It's a VERY late mk2 with the fuel filler in that position.

Car has no MOT and it is currently on SORN. Car is going to be shipped in England at earliest 11th of September or latest 14th of September. If you want to come to check the car and do the test drive, it is gonna be a problem with that as if I'll put MOT, insurance and tax, I'll spend like £1,000 on them, so it won't be no point for me selling the car at this point, as I would rather use it myself.

Err... :blink:

So basically they want you to buy the car without viewing or test driving it, and preferably if you paid before it was even shipped back over to the UK?

Aye, ok. Get in the sea and GLWTS.

First car I ever owned " back in the day". Well, 1972 actooally. £40. Only coz I couldn't afford a Cresta at £60. Light blue with blue and white upholstery. Mmm! Bench seats. You can't do on modern seats what you can do on a bench jobby. A quick left turn would start close contact "sport" with a young lady of your choice. Mmmmmmm!!!!

I quite like that. Now I'm fairly certain that really is a 1964 Mini, that was slightly updated in 1980 with a new shell, engine, interior, possibly even updated to disc brakes etc, but everything* else is as it left the factory in 1964. What would happen if I bought and it turned out to be a ringer, I mean it's seems so unlikely, but you never know? Would I be in trouble, would I not be in trouble but the car would be fragged or would it need to go on Q plates.

You would loose the identity it's clearly not entitled to. Unless you can prove the original ID then it will be a Q plate and probably an IVA which it won't pass as there is nothing to prove the age of the car.

I quite like that. Now I'm fairly certain that really is a 1964 Mini, that was slightly updated in 1980 with a new shell, engine, interior, possibly even updated to disc brakes etc, but everything* else is as it left the factory in 1964. What would happen if I bought and it turned out to be a ringer, I mean it's seems so unlikely, but you never know? Would I be in trouble, would I not be in trouble but the car would be fragged or would it need to go on Q plates.

There's no "if" about it.  Some poor sod is missing his lovely yellow Mini.