eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

These have started to float down into my <1k search range, and how bad can it be?

It's an HDi, so I'm assuming the same PSA lump. Must be fairly reliable?

WCPGW?

Currently £50

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262193072253?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It is frighteningly easy to buy an utter shitbox one of those, they don't suffer half arsed servicing at all well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-Austin-Healey-/272049706307?hash=item3f576d1543:g:7iAAAOSw4UtWTKdX

one hellish expensive austin metro

$_57.JPG

£8k!! i mean £8k, for a metro....

$_57.JPG

thats a transverse A-series, and those wheels a pure mark 1 metro wheels, its a Banham? still at least it looks like a frog eyed sprite..

its £8k though, how much is a real sprite?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Italian-Job-Replica-Mini-Cooper-TV-restoration-fantastic-recreation-bundle-/201488146784?hash=item2ee9a12160:g:lJQAAOSw8-tWbdk8

this will sell for fuggin' huge money.

$_57.JPG

"its a self preservation society...."

$_57.JPG

"gotta get a bloomin' move on"

anyone got a Bedford VAL going spare?

Why do Brits always list yanks for twice of what they are worth?]

Because they have just imported them to sell on at profit?

I am puzzled by this trade: much as I like giant maroon estate cars, they aren't going to be an easy sell in Britain are they? It can't be worth the work and risk just for a few quid surely? The quantity and type of U.S. tin that turns up on eBay UK is bizarre.

And why is so little of it ever driven?

Imported, sold, bought, parked, sold, stored, sold, on blocks in a council house garden for years and then scrapped. What is the point?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-Austin-Healey-/272049706307?hash=item3f576d1543:g:7iAAAOSw4UtWTKdX

one hellish expensive austin metro

£8k!! i mean £8k, for a metro....

thats a transverse A-series, and those wheels a pure mark 1 metro wheels, its a Banham? still at least it looks like a frog eyed sprite..

its £8k though, how much is a real sprite?

£8K - looks wrong on those wheels, but aside from that actually looks well screwed together.

A proper one will cost anywhere between £10K for a useable grotbox and £25K for a well-sorted example. So Yeah, I would for £8k if it had a tonneau as well then that would make it very useable, plus being a GRP kit you only have the subframes and trailing arms to worry about rot wise really ( and the displacers assuming it used them and not coils)

Yeah, looks lovely. One for the "lottery win"

Always liked these since the day my old man went to buy 1 new out of the showroom, but the salesman wouldn't throw in a free cd player.

He went next door and bought a 190e instead.......lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Because they have just imported them to sell on at profit?

I am puzzled by this trade: much as I like giant maroon estate cars, they aren't going to be an easy sell in Britain are they? It can't be worth the work and risk just for a few quid surely? The quantity and type of U.S. tin that turns up on eBay UK is bizarre.

And why is so little of it ever driven?

Imported, sold, bought, parked, sold, stored, sold, on blocks in a council house garden for years and then scrapped. What is the point?

It's a very good point. Certain stuff will always sell, and fairly easily too. JM, Dan and Eddy plus the other yankophiles will have their own spin, but I would suggest Tri-Chevs, good honest muscle (not necessarily restored, just honest cars), 50's station wagons, 49-51 Mercs, early 50's pick-up. Quite easy to move on swiftly, and make a few quid too.

But importing a car isn't an expensive process, as a rule of thumb I would add $1000 to Ã‚£1500 to the US$ sale price of the car you have bought. That figure includes the physical act of shipping, getting it from the vendor to the boat, the paperwork at both ends. So buying and shipping a car yourself can be much cheaper than buying one that someone else has shipped in to sell on. Plus you get what you want, rather than getting what is for sale.

So, in my case, at US$2750 plus £1100 shipping, by the time it was parked on my driveway, the Galaxie stood me at just under £3k and was just about a bargain. Selling it for a profit (despite it's rarity) is another matter.

I see that TR and raise you this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131681154199?rmvSB=true

s-l1600.jpg

Next week the seller will be offering* up this freshly burned out Zafira

2D6B721000000578-3272635-image-a-1_14448

Re that VTEC Mini  -  it's got a GRP flip front but to my untrained eye, I cannot see much in the way of bracing.  Does the breakdown of the monocoque not affect its rigidity?

I suspect that's one of many things wrong with it. Stanky was looking over my shoulder at it earlier and he pointed out that there's no sign of uprated brakes and the suspension is going to have issues too.