eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I won this and went all the way to Kent to fetch it this morning but came back without it. It's fairly solid but very shabby and battered with really shit paintwork all over (despite the comedy and innefectual T-cutting effort) and a grubby tired looking interior. Lots of broken and missing trim inside and out. The engine is very tappety and the exhaust is blowing very loudly. Overall it's very neglected looking and even further from the description than you could possibly imagine. The main reason for not buying it is despite the seller telling me he had all the paperwork and the V5 "right here", when I got there he had nothing and decided to waste an hour of my time by pretending to look for the V5. I suspect he was hoping I would think he was being genuine and just buy it anyway. He said he got it at auction and I'm wondering if it's a Cat C or something as it's been hit in the rear. Either way the seller is an unapologetic, time-wasting, lying oxygen thief and I hope he gets struck by lightning. Twice.

Should it be re-listed... Caveat Emptor

I won this and went all the way to Kent to fetch it this morning but came back without it. It's fairly solid but very shabby and battered with really shit paintwork all over (despite the comedy and innefectual T-cutting effort) and a grubby tired looking interior. Lots of broken and missing trim inside and out. The engine is very tappety and the exhaust is blowing very loudly. Overall it's very neglected looking and even further from the description than you could possibly imagine. The main reason for not buying it is despite the seller telling me he had all the paperwork and the V5 "right here", when I got there he had nothing and decided to waste an hour of my time by pretending to look for the V5. I suspect he was hoping I would think he was being genuine and just buy it anyway. He said he got it at auction and I'm wondering if it's a Cat C or something as it's been hit in the rear. Either way the seller is an unapologetic, time-wasting, lying oxygen thief and I hope he gets struck by lightning. Twice.

Should it be re-listed... Caveat Emptor

you find something that I haven't mentioned on the ad. You can take the car away for free.

I take it you decided against attempting to take him up on this generous offer then?

Interestingly, that Prairie was the last one I photographed in the wild, in September last year I believe. But it lived in South London at that point. 

A bit of research suggests the DVLA haven't been notified of any keeper change, as the only website (I'm aware of) that shows last keeper change dates says the owner has had it since 2006…..Good luck to anyone who takes that thing on.

Granada Scorpio of much win.

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Granada-Scorpio-2-9i-automatic-gearbox-on-the-way-out-leather-MOT-2017-/201567483579

The bonnet won't open - a crowbar will remedy this problem. I can lend you a crowbar if required. 

The listing is brutally (and entertainingly) honest, to the extent that I'm almost tempted.  The seller belongs on here.

given the dealer that is selling this, i'm pretty certain that the floor will be like a patchwork quilt and the door bottoms and wings will be made out of wob and chicken wire.......

given the dealer that is selling this, i'm pretty certain that the floor will be like a patchwork quilt and the door bottoms and wings will be made out of wob and chicken wire.......

Isn't that the same one we were looking at on Easter Sunday at Brough?

I have looked at this (on the bay, not in person) since it's the 57 version of mine - Mine is a '56.  The body looks a little better (not much) - but in spite of scene tax etc, I can't see 4K + for a car with the engine out and a lot of bodywork to do.  If anyone's interested - I know a lot about what to look for.  Annoyingly, although there are loads of panels and patch panels available, there are almost none available for this model (or mine). 

Gaffer tape, crusty arches, crap pictures, manky non-std alloys with non-matching ditchfinders fitted - it's all here.  Slightly surprised it has 12 months ticket.

post-20090-0-92847200-1461448970_thumb.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-mondeo-Ghiax/182100949284?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35391%26meid%3D5096e830fdf24899bc074b69f2771f55%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D182103580693

It is the saloon not the hatch though - can't recall last time I saw one.

$_57.JPG

Rare number plate stands for Capri

Stands for Ciaprl.

for all that are asking me to sell reg/// it goes with car

How many people asked/// really?

been offered 2k for plate

THEN SELL THE PLATE TO THAT IDIOT. If someone offered me two hundred for that completely anonymous plate I couldn't unscrew it fast enough. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2-8i-special-brooklands-look-a-like-1986-/201567365088?hash=item2eee59e7e0:g:1k4AAOSw6oBXEilW

I have looked at this (on the bay, not in person) since it's the 57 version of mine - Mine is a '56.  The body looks a little better (not much) - but in spite of scene tax etc, I can't see 4K + for a car with the engine out and a lot of bodywork to do.  If anyone's interested - I know a lot about what to look for.  Annoyingly, although there are loads of panels and patch panels available, there are almost none available for this model (or mine). 

Panels and interior trim are only available for 2-door Sport Coupes, the convertibles and the Nomads - which really are the only body styles worth the effort.

You'd spend the same (or even more) effort restoring this and still end up with a worthless four door.

The Autoshite approach would be to bodge it and drive it largely as is, but for almost 5k, you can get good drivers not requiring any major work.

And for doing just that, wouldn't a One-Fifty or Two-Ten be a lot more desirable?