eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

^^^ If you'd be so kind!

Back in the day, Rover seriously considered a P6 convertible (and a hardtop coupe) and had two prototypes built by external coachbuilders. One by FLM Panelcraft (of Estoura fame), one by the Swiss company Graber. The structural strength was not a big issue, since the P6 has extremely sturdy sills and the roof doesn't carry much longitudinal stress to begin with. Both companies further increased the structural rigidity by converting the cars to two-door configuration with lengthened doors.

The apparent big problem was already mentioned here - hood storage. Being not the most roomy car to start with, proper hood storage would have meant the car being a 2+2 at best and thus the idea was not approved for production.

Both of the prototype convertibles survive and are meanwhile fully restored.

Since then a lot of individuals had a go at creating haphazard backyard convertibles by simply whacking roofs off with an angle grinder, welding the rear doors shut, and either not bothering with a hood, or fabricating something decidedly amateurish. They also mostly didn't bother about a proper side window arrangement.

Then came Design and Solutions and decided to rectify all that. Although they did not bother with lengthening the front doors, they did alter the side window glass (note absence of a door frame) and designed a functional hood, although without any padding. Doing this in a period when the P6 wasn't exactly at the peak of its popularity, apparently it was not a great success.

Also note that the whitewashed example currently offered on Ebay appears to have been Cameron Green at some stage. It certainly was a pretty car, no doubt.

South African import badged as a V8-S, potential barg but I would beware of that very short MOT. Its a no brainer to just run a car down the road for an MOT if its nearly expired and you think it'll pass especially if your trying to sell it, maybe that's just me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980-ROVER-SD1-3500-3-5-V8-MANUAL-5-SPEED-SDI-TAX-MOT-63k-SOUTH-AFRICA-IMPORT-/181320346580?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a3788ebd4

SASD1_zpsc2614b72.jpg

Back in the day, Rover seriously considered a P6 convertible (and a hardtop coupe) and had two prototypes built by external coachbuilders. One by FLM Panelcraft (of Estoura fame), one by the Swiss company Graber. The structural strength was not a big issue, since the P6 has extremely sturdy sills and the roof doesn't carry much longitudinal stress to begin with. Both companies further increased the structural rigidity by converting the cars to two-door configuration with lengthened doors.

The apparent big problem was already mentioned here - hood storage. Being not the most roomy car to start with, proper hood storage would have meant the car being a 2+2 at best and thus the idea was not approved for production.

Both of the prototype convertibles survive and are meanwhile fully restored.

Since then a lot of individuals had a go at creating haphazard backyard convertibles by simply whacking roofs off with an angle grinder, welding the rear doors shut, and either not bothering with a hood, or fabricating something decidedly amateurish. They also mostly didn't bother about a proper side window arrangement.

Then came Design and Solutions and decided to rectify all that. Although they did not bother with lengthening the front doors, they did alter the side window glass (note absence of a door frame) and designed a functional hood, although without any padding. Doing this in a period when the P6 wasn't exactly at the peak of its popularity, apparently it was not a great success.

Also note that the whitewashed example currently offered on Ebay appears to have been Cameron Green at some stage. It certainly was a pretty car, no doubt.

Given the chassis \ punt arrangement of the P6, I'm surprised Crayford or the equivalent didn't shorten a 2000 or V8 into a 3 door and lop the roof off professionally. The white eBay car's getting there but the amount of plod in the wings would bother me as a prospective purchaser. 

3 grand bentley.

IF YOU TAP THE DASH WHEN RUNNING SHE CUTS OUT?

Sounds like an easy fix. Just don't tap the dash.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-BENTLEY-EIGHT-LONG-MOT-AND-TAX-GOOD-CONDITION-BARGAIN-PRICE-/271396440463?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f307d098f

Given the chassis \ punt arrangement of the P6, I'm surprised Crayford or the equivalent didn't shorten a 2000 or V8 into a 3 door and lop the roof off professionally. The white eBay car's getting there but the amount of plod in the wings would bother me as a prospective purchaser.

If you really want to take it on, you would have to rebuild it from the ground up in a proper way.

And that raises the question, why bother?

Do it Trig. I absolutely loved mine, I only sold it as I needed a van and I'd have another in a heartbeat. That's a great price too

I've spoke to the vendor and I'm going to take a look on Tuesday, It sounds nice enough from his description, It will be much nicer to drive to Wales in than the Acclaim too. 

Just seen my old 17 gordini is going back up for sale. As far as I know it has only been offered in the owners club at present with no mention of price. The picture was from when I had it. It has since had the restoration started. It should of been a runner and went with pretty much everything to restore it.

post-5515-0-00187100-1391966605_thumb.jpg

Pm me if you are seriously interested I know when I got it originally the previous owner wanted to see it restored so it needs a good home.

$_12.JPG

Only one previous owner and current owner has had for 17 years. Has been garaged for this period. Recent new exhaust and tyres

This is very attractive (apart from those horrible wheel trims which are surely not original).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-900-GLS-2-door-/321319554237?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ad0234cbd

For when you want more hassle than a normal MGF can provide

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-MG-MGF-STEPTRONIC-GREEN-/281262386641?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item417c8b6dd1

$_35.JPG

This MGF is ideal for a rebuild project, although I do not know in full details what  is required to repair and run again