eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I like them as a 'valiant effort, last of the line kind of thing', these were of course meant to be the new Talbot, the Arizona but Peugeot cruelly pulled the plug and tried to slot the car into their line up between the ageing 305 and the new 405. Not sure it was all that successful IMO.

A tidy up of the car in 1989 made them look a bit better and a strong colour pallette like this helped shift them well into the mid 1990s, even selling alongside the new 306 for a short time.

I spotted the twin to that car in Buxton earlier this year, save for the Makro wheel trims it was in a lovely condition.

a405bc41-e259-4226-b6a0-d27aa504581f_zps

My only experience of a true hot hatch was an utterly shagged 309 GTi loan car, it was the most battered, smokey, difficult to start deathtrap I've ever driven and it was also by far the most fun.  I'd happily give one a home - even the run of the mill models still look pretty good, like the 205, 306  and 405, they've aged well, Peugeot used to know what they were doing.

My only experience of a true hot hatch was an utterly shagged 309 GTi loan car, it was the most battered, smokey, difficult to start deathtrap I've ever driven and it was also by far the most fun.  I'd happily give one a home - even the run of the mill models still look pretty good, like the 205, 306  and 405, they've aged well, Peugeot used to know what they were doing.

Not with the 309, they didn't. They were terrible cars, really, really 'wooden' to drive, hateful flimsy interiors and they always felt like something was about to fall off. Mostly because it did. One of those cars that really felt like it was built down to a price, not up to any noticeable quality at all. In fact they are a million miles apart from the 205 imho, which at least had a bit of character, was pretty good to drive and did have some quality about it here and there.

The 309GL I had from Minimad was pretty much as Cavette describes. The interior quality was hopelessly poor. It was great fun to chuck down a twisty road though, but did feel super flimsy.

Oddly, I've also driven a GTi (Japanese market auto) and don't recall it suffering any of the same flimsiness. Was also good fun to chuck down a twisty road.

there are NO warning lights or other problems

$(KGrHqMOKpIFH,ePIy3VBR+3deDgsQ~~60_3.JP

prior to timing chain problem

$T2eC16VHJHYFFkD42Y2KBR+3dfGKlw~~60_3.JP

Pity these are nice cars. The price seems a bit optimistic to me it probably best broken to get the most money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-735i-Sport-2000-Spares-or-Repair-/161080574799?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item258126834f

• 2 weeks later...