eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 27/05/2023 at 21:38, garethj said:

525d with manual box, a colour that suits the shape with tan interior too.  The rapid change of owners is slightly off putting, and Bournemouth is a long way to go on a punt🙁

IMG_0203.jpeg.911cff5415a0157bd10ad5621fffdce5.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/896880070453441/permalink/2627590220715742/

Those alloys weren't fitted to the E39 post-2000, so what happened to the 2002 originals?

10 minutes ago, MantaGTE85 said:

Those alloys weren't fitted to the E39 post-2000, so what happened to the 2002 originals?

I’m on a few Facebook groups for these and I had no idea there were so many wheels available across 9 years production.  I’d be amazed if any of them had kept their originals 20 years later.

On 27/05/2023 at 21:18, garethj said:

Early MINI with the Toyota diesel looks useful but I’m staggered by the sheer number of things that go wrong with MINIs generally 

IMG_0202.jpeg.682eec03f029a2452e67910cf971c1dc.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175736881420?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=H3F6o265SIq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y9xs1hiVQ9O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Popular car, designed by Engineers at Longbridge, but just at the end of the project, the big bosses in Germany decide to make it in Oxford?  

No worse than any other "BLMC"  product designed since 1958. 

I mean the gearbox issues the petrol version had was a nod back to the Metro Turbo, the power steering issues were probably related to the fact that the electric power steering was a Lucy's Car braking Spin off.  Head linings. That seems to be a rover thing. Electrics and BCM, well yes. Shit occasionally. 

Nothing particularly high tech though. Just painful to fix. 

16 hours ago, MantaGTE85 said:

He lost them and was flogged for failing to conform to the expectations of originality conferred on a fucked BMW by a niche interest car website. 

8 hours ago, New POD said:

Popular car, designed by Engineers at Longbridge, but just at the end of the project, the big bosses in Germany decide to make it in Oxford?  

No worse than any other "BLMC"  product designed since 1958. 

I mean the gearbox issues the petrol version had was a nod back to the Metro Turbo, the power steering issues were probably related to the fact that the electric power steering was a Lucy's Car braking Spin off.  Head linings. That seems to be a rover thing. Electrics and BCM, well yes. Shit occasionally. 

Nothing particularly high tech though. Just painful to fix. 

IIRC the Bini was made in Longbridge and the 75 in Cowley - when Rover was sold off, the two production lines were swapped over.

8 minutes ago, M'coli said:

IIRC the Bini was made in Longbridge and the 75 in Cowley - when Rover was sold off, the two production lines were swapped over.

Yes, and imagine how ragingly shit the BINI would have been had it been made by Rover, with the K Series. 
Can you imagine the levels of apologism and back-pedalling? 

"But...but, it won a design award!" 

"But, but...it's always the inlet manifold gasket and never HGF!  WHY DOES EVERYONE HAT ROVER?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!! MEDIA CONSPIRACY! MEDIA CONSPIRACY! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

"Nothing wrong with my K Series, everyone else is wrong, they should all be checking their oil and coolant levels every time they go out like it's nineteen-fifty fucking seven"

Foam, foam, fucking foam.