eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 minutes ago, 808 Estate said:

Just needs a Korean chauffeur with a penchant for bowler hats. :D

These seem such bargains to me the 'cheap' rolls royce - but probably one of the most expensive vehicles in the world at the time, worth more than 10 miner's cottages or something. Phantoms are massive prices in comparison.

14 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Extremely tempting, do we have anyone near Liverpool/North Wales who could have a look at this for me? Hasn't been running in 20 years!

After recommisioning it could well be worth multiple times the current asking price in continental Europe. I hope it is solid, and been standing for 20 years might indicate that the mileage is fairly low...

4 minutes ago, D.E said:

After recommisioning it could well be worth multiple times the current asking price in continental Europe. I hope it is solid, and been standing for 20 years might indicate that the mileage is fairly low...

Yeah, could be worth the gamble, I'd just need someone to have a quick look in person to confirm the car exists and is somewhat legit.

Picture 13 of 13

1955 austin a50 cambridge project | eBay

'front inner wings need a bit of welding as someone tried before, and failed miserably'

Picture 9 of 13

The o/s/f wing is possibly held in place with a 6 inch wood screw.

11 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Just needs a Korean chauffeur with a penchant for bowler hats. :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304697294433?hash=item46f15fbe61:g:CEgAAOSwJwtjjN72

s-l1600.jpg

I've no doubt that in reality that's a lovely old thing but to my mind Rollers of that ilk try a bit too hard to be "posh" and remind me of twee sitcoms like Manor Born and Darling Buds. Pity the poor chauffeur clobbering his legs on those levers all the time too. No doubt bound for the wedding trade.

50 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Here is a secondhand Land Rover, yours for only a hundred and five thousand pounds.

s-l1600.jpg

I don't understand the world anymore.

Sold Already! 🙄

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

As I can't think of anyone in my social circle who could afford this apart from putting most of it on tick for a decade, or selling their house, or cashing in their pension, or a combination of all 3, I think I can confirm I'm not part of the 1% 😆

1 hour ago, egg said:

As I can't think of anyone in my social circle who could afford this apart from putting most of it on tick for a decade, or selling their house, or cashing in their pension, or a combination of all 3, I think I can confirm I'm not part of the 1% 😆

You need to earn just under £200k (gross) to be in the top1% . Even at that level you’d be crazy to spend £105k on Land Rover, since that would be almost your take home pay.

16 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

You need to earn just under £200k (gross) to be in the top1% . Even at that level you’d be crazy to spend £105k on Land Rover, since that would be almost your take home pay.

Shirley it would be more than take home? 

Goes off to check. 

Take home on £200k is £116k minus pension contributions you may wish to make. 

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Here is a secondhand Land Rover, yours for only a hundred and five thousand pounds.

s-l1600.jpg

The guy I bought my last set of new defender tyres from, reckoned he had sold his 110 for 10k more than he bought it new for 6 months previously 

57 minutes ago, goosey said:

The guy I bought my last set of new defender tyres from, reckoned he had sold his 110 for 10k more than he bought it new for 6 months previously 

Absolutely possible, until supply chain issues have been sorted for long enough that supply meets demand for a little while again. Which happens right around now, so car prices should start to drop.

Picture 2 of 24

LEXUS RX300 SE-L AUTO 3L PETROL ESTATE - 221000 MILES - MOT - SPARES OR REPAIRS | eBay

'You’ll need anti sea sickness tablets and a good sports bra to drive this one home as the suspension is about knackered'