eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Fair price, only the 2nd '91/92 I've seen come up for sale in years (and I bought the first one). Never liked the light blue on them, the blue interior is perfection though.

I always got the impression these would run for ever if you could keep the rust under control.

29 minutes ago, cort16 said:

I always got the impression these would run for ever if you could keep the rust under control.

You probably could, everything for these is still dirt cheap to buy. Since they are body on frame and generally pretty simple underneath even rust doesn't have to be a major issue. A ladder frame is easier to weld than any unibody.

10 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

Well, it wouldn't be on that if it was petrol because it's 05 plate so registered before that tax band existed 

It would be. Everything post 1/3/2001 is when everything became tax bandied, & if you live in a low emission zone (London, Bristol, Birmingham etc), & don't want to pay daily to use it, then you have to ignore everything petrol before March 2001, or diesels pre 2016 (or get something with historic exemption). 

39 minutes ago, uk_senator said:

It would be. Everything post 1/3/2001 is when everything became tax bandied, & if you live in a low emission zone (London, Bristol, Birmingham etc), & don't want to pay daily to use it, then you have to ignore everything petrol before March 2001, or diesels pre 2016 (or get something with historic exemption). 

Look it up if you want. 21/03/2006 extra bands were added. Nothing registered before that date will cost more than £400 per year (I don't know the exact number but it was £360 last year) 

I have three cars which would be £600+ per year but aren't because they were registered before 21/03/06

2 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

I have three cars which would be £600+ per year but aren't because they were registered before 21/03/06

Did exactly the same when purchasing my 9-5 Aero. Wanted the face-lift, but pre March 2006, to avoid £600 Road tax. Took me a while but found one eventually.

1 minute ago, horriblemercedes said:

Look it up if you want. 21/03/2006 extra bands were added. Nothing registered before that date will cost more than £400 per year (I don't know the exact number but it was £360 last year) 

Oh right, gotcha, yeah.  Its put the neighbour I was looking for right off, as his old 1999 V70 was £260-ish, but wouldn't be ULEZ compliant, he was as shocked as I when we started looking for a replacement & saw so many of them in the £615 tax bracket. Back to the drawing board..

5 minutes ago, uk_senator said:

Oh right, gotcha, yeah.  Its put the neighbour I was looking for right off, as his old 1999 V70 was £260-ish, but wouldn't be ULEZ compliant, he was as shocked as I when we started looking for a replacement & saw so many of them in the £615 tax bracket. Back to the drawing board..

If you find a 55 plate or early 06 plate, it'll be much closer 

Fuck me this thing needs bridging. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266189782899?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8f9YtMI3RlC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=oSyz5_rPQeO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Please note this is a "barn" find and has been garaged for the last 12 years.”

so it’s not a barn find then, you stupid spunk trumpet. 

12 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

This Ledbury Maestro van appeared here a while back I think. Now sub £1k with an MOT into next year. 1 owner from new and includes spares. Bereavement sale.

Someone GIB. 

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1552379

Screenshot_20230326_211125_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3c8e7673abc62162f6237273e414b160.jpg

It did; it's from the Maestro site and has been absolutely doted on although it's high mileage.

A-series for maximum misery.

1 hour ago, grogee said:

It did; it's from the Maestro site and has been absolutely doted on although it's high mileage.

A-series for maximum misery.

Wrong. The A-series suits the Maestro Van perfectly.

The alternative engine, the Prima Diesel, is so viciously noisy that it is quite unbearable unless you are deaf. 

Picture 1 of 8

mk3 astra | eBay

'A rusting, smoky, carcinogenic toxic old shit tip that everyone wants to avoid and nobody wants to be seen in.  But that's enough about Widnes, here is my Vauxhall Astra'

4 hours ago, Erebus said:

Lovely at first glance (although post-facelift which is unfortunate) but no MoT for HFM?  Wrong end of the country too, which is a shame, as CW is a North Lancs combination; Burnley I think.  Says it needs TLC.  I think it's safe to assume that's a southern spelling of Welding.

4 hours ago, Asimo said:

Wrong. The A-series suits the Maestro Van perfectly.

The alternative engine, the Prima Diesel, is so viciously noisy that it is quite unbearable unless you are deaf. 

Having driven Maestro Diesel vans for over 150,000 miles I can only say...

WHAT?

On 3/22/2023 at 4:07 PM, MiniMinorMk3 said:

zero likes

19 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

And I'm weirdly drawn to the 1989 Nissan Bluebird 1.6LS with 11K on it from new
https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5370/lot/619181

image.png.d40ef8dfaf1ad451ecee8b60b3c1f2e9.png

6 likes

What a difference 5 days makes.

18 hours ago, wesacosa said:

jeez its bad enough painting a Robin or Rialto as a Delboy van never mind a fecking Maestro

Screenshot_20230326_210205_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230326_210201_Chrome.jpg

That belongs to the AA flatbed driver who rescued me and my T25 from the side of the M5. Lovely lady and proper BL fans. It'd definitely be much improved with some period AA signage though.