eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

6 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

I mis-read the reg as ROT, which may be appropriate given that it's an old Ford....Curious to know why it's only had coilovers on the front too.

So did I, would have been apt, yes!

My memory could be failing me but I don't think they had MacPherson struts on the rear? Only the front? Therefore it would be a case of acquiring separate lowering springs rather than a lowering coilover 

To be pedantic, coilover is just a name for MacPherson strut, whether it's in the context of lowering or not! Therefore these sort of adverts saying its got coilovers on the front is like saying it's got wheels on the back 😉

13 minutes ago, angle said:

Terrible ad, but this seems to have test until October for £950. Odds on it being up for sale for three times that by the end of the week?

333406593_146243408320074_21111889423820

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/724183872742395/

looks like a scam as pictures are on Google search from few months ago when it was a lot more money 

Screenshot_20230301_082228_Reddit.jpg

19 hours ago, egg said:

been used on a airfield for launching gliders for the last 4 years

Gliding has gone up market from my days. We used to used a pair of these. One for each cable. The poor things had very bald tyres but proved to be great fun on the damp grass.

BMC VA 'Noddy van'

Back in the mid 70's I lived not far from Blackbushe airport, which was an ex ww2 left over, and you could take whatever heap you had at the time and razz it about. Security was non existent in those days. I was there one afternoon with a heap, can't remember what, and John was there with the first edition Beast testing it on the runway. I had a quick chat with him when he had the bonnet up and it was an experience being next to it when he fired it up. Moved the air around it and with the noise was trouser movement territory, and when it accelerated away it was verging on thunderous. Will never forget it. Couldn't get a ride as he had someone with him. 😞

I like these 306s, this is an HDI which is a bit better than the old d turbo.  Unfortunately it’s a bit far away to pop in and check if the rear inner wing is made of metal or of rust.

image.png.4d7d06f6bb6ebee1eefff6b1f60d2174.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255994170929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bAimPH95R4C&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y9xs1hiVQ9O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY