eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

White Mitsubishi Galant with relatively low miles that needs a bit of love. Only 600 quid though. I really quite like it:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/765201441835715/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_2023-02-25-22-41-30-432-edit_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Borrowed* one (with permission) from employer once, was lovely. Would, if closer.

21 hours ago, colino said:

Not uncommon if you are trading a handful of cars to have cheap mobiles with the name of the car taped to the different phones.  It really does work with buyers working through the buying tips from the AA book of the road.

Landline or nothing.

19 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

F**k me, that is horrendous! I mean why on earth would you want a cattle grid stuck to the front of your car?

8 minutes ago, Asimo said:

Landlines are associated with an address, so suggest a seller may be a bit less flaky than a seller using  a mobile number and a pub carpark.

For many  small businesses the landline is likely to be the person’s home number, and never answered during the day. Try ringing a plumber/electrician /small builder on a landline. 

20 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

A few years back there was one of these in Aberdeen, the owner ticked every stereotype box, and to top it off every time it appeared it'd be looking more and more sorry for itself... 

28 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

For many  small businesses the landline is likely to be the person’s home number, and never answered during the day. Try ringing a plumber/electrician /small builder on a landline. 

Landlines can be easily set to divert to a mobile if required when the secretary (the Mrs) is shopping or CBA. No guarantee of the mobile being answered though.

3 hours ago, Asimo said:

Landlines are associated with an address

That's the beauty of mobile phones - you can use them when you're out or when you're at your home address

Sorry, that's was facetious but I wouldn't bat an eyelid at seeing a mobile phone number or think it was dodgy at all. My mobile does all my internet at home through tethering and all my phone needs. £16 per month for unlimited data, calls and texts. I'd find it a waste to pay for a phone line too as it would offer no benefit