eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

20 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

All screen shots off iPlayer which makes me very suspicious that the bus is either a bag of shite or its a fake listing.

If you read the description it is a bag of OAP free bus passes.

This bus was converted in partnership with bbc2 for the show and although it is near completion everything you see has been dry fitted so you would have to install your own gas/electrics etc the flooring downstairs will need some attention and then the rest is just making it to your taste.

All soft furnishings and furniture in the photos/show were props and will be removed before sale.

Basically nothing is included

1 hour ago, grogee said:

bASe C4, £1500 Leics

While we're on the subject, how the hell does that fixed hub steering wheel work? It doesn't compute, I don't get how it's held onto the dashboard.

Screenshot_20230220-201724-995.png

Screenshot_20230220-201703-488.png

The inner spokes go to hidden hub on a geet big nut, just like every other steering wheel. 
There may or may not be some gearing involved, I can't remember. 

Said steering wheel gave no issue during the 11 years I owned mine, although the glovebox, air con condenser drier and engine eventually broke. 

I will also say that my car, an SX with centreless alloys, was the fussiest little cunt about wheel balance I've ever encountered in 20+ years of driving. 

NO-ONE, bar a motorbike place in Liverpool had a balancing machine that a: was calibrated properly or b: could balance a wheel accurately down to zero, which is what it needed. 

I also had to steal it back from the dealership when they tried to make me pay for a warranty repair. 

'WELL, Mr Burgess, we've got your key,' they said. 

"We'll fucking see about that," I replied.

Off I went home in a taxi, still in my suit from work, and got a hi-vis jacket.
 Spare key in hand, I strolled in the workshop bold as brass and told a young lad reversing a Dispatch that I was the area manager from the Manchester branch and that I needed to move that C4 (my C4, helpfully) for a customer who'd given me their key. Also, I was in a hurry, so could you please move that C2 and let me get on my way?  

The lad hurriedly agreed and I slowly drove out of the workshop and right past the reception desk, the receptionist now goggle-eyed, with a big shit-eating grin on my face. 
I eventually got the key back without a bill when I kicked off to fuck at head office about it and threatened to take it to the press. 

Fucking thing. 

3 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Cheap Dae-poo Tacuma 

I didn't realize they did a facelift of these, who knew they could make them even uglier 🤣

IMG_20230220_192937.thumb.jpg.bd4baff7f6ffe971a8b4e22251342982.jpg

IMG_20230220_193011.thumb.jpg.6ce47b338bb5c7c096244730d273261a.jpg

IMG_20230220_193022.thumb.jpg.84c7795b2f2bd36b4899e43817c29d0e.jpg

image.thumb.png.96eaf3e33b43e1cb9b86c8a037f96cfb.png

^ that's what mine looked like, I don't think either are winning any awards in the looks department 🤣

GIB, could be a 'nice little earner'!

8 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

GIB, could be a 'nice little earner'!

They hit the bottom of their depreciation curve about 15 years ago! 😅 I'd be interested to know if when it's going to start going upwards :)

I remember thinking I scored a right bargain, £1295 from a dealer in 2008 for a shiny* 03 plate one. 

Suffered OMGHGF after 4 years of trouble free motoring. Was actually a fairly decent car.

Just stupidly expensive to run for a 1.6 petrol, even for 2008 petrol prices!