eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

9 hours ago, angle said:

Tested 2.3d. Looks absolutely miserable. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1308171683439328/

As Sierras go,  could only be better if it was a 3 door.

Interestingly it has both “never been welded”

and

Reason(s) for failure

• Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded

Hmmm.

13 hours ago, D.E said:

Fetched £6156 at last month's Anglia auction, now on ebay for £9995 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255971833076

s-l1600.jpg

Fantastic car.

That is a lovely thing but want is a bit tempered by pic. of the engine.

I was expecting something more stimulating than a 4-cylinder sidevalve the size of it’s battery.  

All hat, no cattle.

292BDEB0-2105-4320-9D57-9C2852722DB7.thumb.jpeg.c2a6e454b4ff35b0c8bde150ecfb7a62.jpeg

14 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

@Datsuncogare we still betting on this? LOL wonder if he will get his supposed 7K or has everyone been scared off by the changing age/registration mark? LOL

On 24/11/2022 at 14:49, LightBulbFun said:

question I guess is now, will the guy actually be holding onto TPG443M like he said he would, or will it just go right back onto eBay? LOL

On 01/12/2022 at 13:13, Datsuncog said:

Did anyone place a bet?

image.thumb.png.59522f009e3e341c168d23a6ddbb2b8e.png

On 01/12/2022 at 14:46, LightBulbFun said:

Oh quelle surprise! so shocked! much wow! LOL Stuarts probably laughing right about now while pouring himself a shot of Whisky :) 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1375179456555185

the chap, said the person who bid it up to £7600 on ebay was supposedly the real deal so to speak, so I gotta wonder then, why has it not just been sold to that chap! 

to be fair, after he got the logbook, he did offer me a spare carburettor he had kicking about! which I do appreciate!

but as its a Weber 32ICS3 and not a 32ICS10/10T (And I still dont know what the exact difference is between those) and the fact that REV's carb woes have (I Think!) been solved

I told him to just hold onto it for himself for now and I do come unstuck again ill keep it in mind! (if it was a 32ICS10 or 10T I would of grabbed it just to have a spare on the shelf but being a 3 I dont want to keep parts that may or may not work, while I know that they may end up being needed by something they do work with)

but yeah im not surprised in the slightest thats its just gone right back up for sale once he got the logbook for it,

but hey ho, at least I have been able to ID the port hole car at long last after it showed up first in 2009! and reunite GIG with its ID and Logbook as well :) (and also just in general finally figure out the whole mystery of GIG, why it had 2 stories its the D701SWL of Model 70's almost)

speaking of, on the carburettor front Adam got about a box of carbs from the hammond lot, and interestingly, as well as the usual 3's and 10T's in there there where a couple  32ICS10 no suffix's carbs in there, I had no idea that those where used on the Model 70, 

so thats another thing for the list to research :) (just incase those 2 non Suffix carbs happened to come from some other steyr puch vehicle like a 500DL)

1 hour ago, adw1977 said:

Two grand is quite cheap for a functioning road legal Sierra now, isn't it?  Although I suppose a diesel estate is probably the least desirable version to most people.

The 2.3d  was a pretty poor engine even when it was new. I had a 1.8td LX (1990)which was a reasonable performer given it only had 75bhp.

Lottery win Mini. £22k estimate

I think, aside from the missing bumpers, this is pretty much my perfect spec:

"Longman cylinder head with ISKY valve springs,Avonbar forged rockers,New 1275 A-Series crankshaft nitrocarburised,Kent steel vernier duplex timing gears,Kent Meg rally camshaft,Balanced and polished rods,Competition centre main cap,Omega dished high compression pistons,High-capacity oil pump,Aldon race distributor,Tyler inlet manifold and Weber 40DCOE with a K&N filter,Maniflow large bore LCB manifold and full 1.75” bore twin-box exhaust,Ultralight steel flywheel,Light steel backplate,AP ceramic paddle clutch centre plate with AP Grey diaphragm clutch"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1970-mini-british-leyland-mini-clubman-petrol-manual/1450978542

Screenshot_20230211-132156-943.png

Screenshot_20230211-132223-339.png

1 hour ago, grogee said:

@MiniMinorMk3 what does Brightwells know that we don't?

Six bags for a Rennow 4?

Seven for a Sierra?

Three for a Cinq?

I get it, these are getting rare and values are going up. But do they really think that's what they'll fetch?

I get the Cinq value because of the mileage, the Sarah because its a Ford, but the Rennow is just optimistic. Also it is probably the owners who are setting the reserves, thus the estimates. Brightwells would probably prefer no reserve and get a sale (and commission).

49 minutes ago, grogee said:

@MiniMinorMk3 what does Brightwells know that we don't?

Six bags for a Rennow 4?

Seven for a Sierra?

Three for a Cinq?

I get it, these are getting rare and values are going up. But do they really think that's what they'll fetch?

You can get the post auction prices off the website e.g. https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5244 but they have no estimate/guide price on the front page. If you click through each individual lot it may show the estimate but often it doesn't - so if you're interested in what they go for compared to the guide price then I'm guessing grab a screen shot/catalogue now?

58 minutes ago, grogee said:

Lottery win Mini. £22k estimate

I think, aside from the missing bumpers, this is pretty much my perfect spec:

"Longman cylinder head with ISKY valve springs,Avonbar forged rockers,New 1275 A-Series crankshaft nitrocarburised,Kent steel vernier duplex timing gears,Kent Meg rally camshaft,Balanced and polished rods,Competition centre main cap,Omega dished high compression pistons,High-capacity oil pump,Aldon race distributor,Tyler inlet manifold and Weber 40DCOE with a K&N filter,Maniflow large bore LCB manifold and full 1.75” bore twin-box exhaust,Ultralight steel flywheel,Light steel backplate,AP ceramic paddle clutch centre plate with AP Grey diaphragm clutch"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1970-mini-british-leyland-mini-clubman-petrol-manual/1450978542

Screenshot_20230211-132156-943.png

Screenshot_20230211-132223-339.png

I'd prefer it without all the World Cup Rally stuff on, then go out and have some fun on some historic rallies. If people think £22k is a lot for one of these, you could not build one for less.

Here's the original at the start, and a lame to fame, I'm was in that crowd somewhere.

9d3b8c5a97331edb66280ca302be2084.jpg

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

Noticed he has a few older cars in.  Couple of 205s, Trabant, Mk2 Cavalier.  As @RoverFolkUssaid they don't let you just turn up but worth giving them a shout if you after something 

Bridges used to be brilliant, they used to let you walk in and remove what you like up until 10 years or so ago I think? I'm glad they still have some older stuff in even if you have to prearrange, but most of it seems to be done on eBay now. 

Did they let you take parts yourself or was it in a special area or something? 

Be a 2nd division football club director in 1990 with this Rolls-Royce Silver Spur II.

For some reason it seems to have a steering wheel from a TX4.

£8k Cov.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1990-rolls-royce-silver-spur-ii-2-auto-68-4dr-spares-or-repair-rare-classic/1451703028

Screenshot_20230211-142826-234.png

Screenshot_20230211-142808-634.png