eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, grogee said:

I don't understand this. How does it not belong to the insurance company? Or, if not insured, why haven't the police impounded it? 

Even if they didn't declare it and 'just' hit a wall, how did it get back to their house in that state? 🧐

Looks like something hit it rather than it hitting something.  Perhaps it was parked in the road outside, hit and run, they've only got third party insurance so they've managed to push it onto the drive.

3 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Cheap little runner, with some minor damage by the sounds of it..

IMG_20230210_151225.thumb.jpg.133a5be3401dfebc67149c3d3319f028.jpg

"Driver side tyre and door is damage"

IMG_20230210_151241.thumb.jpg.ac3586a01818f8592e8532cc33b5890f.jpg

Oh.... 

IMG_20230210_151254.thumb.jpg.5b384ad109ef5626b820cb6674ab90d9.jpg

Looks like a bit more than tyre damage to me.. even that pinch bolt looks bent 🤣

IMG_20230210_151304.thumb.jpg.4df88f4561d78d41385b3b9ce18bb431.jpg

Would love to know how that happened!

The seller must be thinking to themselves about how they can hide the rest of the damage. 

"I know, let's cover it in this shitty green cloth!" 

IMG_20230210_151736.thumb.jpg.a67d00e881a6acfd3b16c7506594e283.jpg

2 hours ago, grogee said:

I don't understand this. How does it not belong to the insurance company? Or, if not insured, why haven't the police impounded it? 

Even if they didn't declare it and 'just' hit a wall, how did it get back to their house in that state? 🧐

It does all seem very odd, they could have bought it back from insurance but the buy back value is going to be far more than £300 so it can't be that and it wouldn't make sense to buy it back then sell it for less than it's breaker value. 

It seems very cheap so it probably is more likely that they have damaged it and are looking to escape insurance. But surely given the damage to the door there must have been another vehicle involved!?

Or they've bought it through auction, and realized it's fucked the suspension but it still wouldn't be that cheap. 

I wish luck upon whoever has to recover it without a wheel or functional suspension to speak of on the OSF corner!

Very fishy indeed

@grogee I don't understand you laughing emojee on my comment.

That 75 has been for sale many times. I saw it a while ago with different pictures and the bodywork is knackered. Then you have cambelts water pump etc. The sills probably need looking into also brakes tyres etc. It soon ads up. I only state this as I have easily spent silly sums on my old 75s. They can chew money

Just now, montytom said:

@grogee I don't understand you laughing emojee on my comment.

That 75 has been for sale many times. I saw it a while ago with different pictures and the bodywork is knackered. Then you have cambelts water pump etc. The sills probably need looking into also brakes tyres etc. It soon ads up. I only state this as I have easily spent silly sums on my old 75s. They can chew money

I'm not questioning your estimate! I agree with you. 

The 🤣 emoji (which is a blunt tool) represents 'what kind of fool would buy this and sink £4k into it'

23 hours ago, Hertz said:

Mods, can we have a warning before being exposed to images containing scenes of horror and violence? My 8 year old has just had to sit me down and fetch me a Whiskey.

4 hours ago, montytom said:

Hi this one is a pre launch, The 75 was launched in early 99 but they made some at the tail end of 98 for photoshoots etc, Then some were kept by management and others scrapped. I had an s reg one many years ago but the T reg pre production ones are more  common.

On the VIn plate it would show two '00's denoting a pre launch car. 

Its a nice spec but the bodywork would be alot to fix and by the time cambelts etc have been done you would be nearly £4000 in if not more.

In fairness, it wouldn't make sense to buy a car like that and then shell out on sorting it out at retail prices

You've either got to do all the work yourself as a labour of love or at least a significant proportion of it

If someone isn't in a position to do it themselves then it's far easier to buy an already sorted example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275675998322?hash=item402f91e872%3Ag%3AiPUAAOSwRkpj5hBm&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoDgl1iRzVifGjjC%2FZZBPQqRdz2TwmqymF8h%2FMvLwTzu%2BF02X%2F4FO%2FZ%2Bjj%2BlBJWNdbclmq5X6eQOmV8NDp2xW5fTEVUXyQTLBHo4HyKrI%2FhN42B9QvHcPEWagBR%2B8g5dhnAbCAmFF%2F5Rd1b89ZG2N7EkTwvX7dKX93rFLAshkV7lxQhTdo2GxZgQSjcR6Hwo3lADCZS07Uptzg1L6tkz93lI%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8LfxtPHYQ&LH_Auction=1

s-l400.jpg.64bd73b4a37aa1199bc633fe0d1e45b8.jpg

"EML is on. Front suspension looks low, we have not inspected, the car drove in to us in part exchange like this, so we advise its collected on a trailer to be safe"

So who's selling this "fine example ", ???

"This vehicle, taken in part exchange at our Citroen Dealership"...