eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

14 hours ago, garethj said:

Mildly is clearly a relative term in the land of the mig enthusiast. 
Fully agree on endearing though. 
Edit* exempt anyway so no drama.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404142952214?hash=item5e18cc0f16:g:T1IAAOSwec1j3ci4

23-24k genuine miles on the clock .

Could be, I guess? It's done just over 600 miles since 2006...

s-l1600.jpg

Edit: MOT history states front and rear tyres aren't the same size, which this picture clearly shows. Could cause some "interesting" handling...

19 hours ago, D.E said:

Used to have a beautiful patina, is now totally ruined by a terrible paintjob... 

https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/auto-s/oldtimers/m1931646920-moris-ten-four

Before:

7fd1875a-101e-4909-9e1d-9fd1a0410946?rul

After:

b34b5107-3ba2-4b25-aa47-aa45c33348fd?rul

Philistines.☹️

Previously sold on catawiki for 1850€

https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/39501875-morris-ten-four-series-m-1947

Could be that it has some historical significance.

Barn find Morris Ten-four. Pre-war model with the steering wheel on the left of which only 4 have been imported to the Netherlands. Imported for the 4 judges for special post-war justice. This car was used by a judge at the special court in Den Bosch.
Includes maintenance booklet manuals and spare parts. Registration certificate is unfortunately missing.

Which the Marktplaats advert hardly mentions.

Is van een berijdende rechter in denbosch geweest in 1947

I think that the word berijdende  is misspelt.

The advert also states that the paint is to stop it rusting. It would appear that the documentation has been obtained.

1 minute ago, Remspoor said:

Previously sold on catawiki for 1850€

https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/39501875-morris-ten-four-series-m-1947

Could be that it has some historical significance.

Which the Marktplaats advert hardly mentions.

I think that the word berijdende  is misspelt.

The advert also states that the paint is to stop it rusting. It would appear that the documentation has been obtained.

Yes, this is a rare, completely original lhd Morris that was one of the few models that could be had new here so shortly after the war (that is, if you got permission. Like many things cars were scarce, and you were only allowed to buy one if you really needed it). Spelling of the seller is shit, he probably means "rijdende rechter".

Not only is the patina ruined and did he pick an awful colour (turquoise on an austere post war Morris, really?), he simply painted directly over the rust so no, this won't stop it rusting. 

30 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Hot

I severely regret letting mine go, paid peanuts for it and it had only done 34k miles, a really clean Nightfire red example

Sadly, the clutch started slipping the day before I was due to travel 250 miles to attend a funeral. And then it totally lost drive a short while later, presumably the friction material just gave up. Therefore the only option I had was to chop it in at a bombsite dealer and drive away in a Micra they had there and then 🙁

Gave them the keys and V5 for the Rover, they knocked £100 off the Micra and they picked it up from the side of the road 

Last I ever saw of it, until I saw it go through a police auction a couple of years later completely smashed up which was a massive kick in the teeth

Somebody did the clutch to preserve it, then it got ruined anyway. I'm not normally sentimental to any car, but I thought of it more as a classic that was also usable everyday transport. 

Rant over. Just had to get that off my chest 😅

Picture 3 of 6

Kit Car Project | eBay

Five English pounds to anyone who buys this, gets it running then takes it for a spin on those tyres. pretty surprised that Centurion remould doesn't explode just pushing it back into the garage.

21 hours ago, D.E said:

Used to have a beautiful patina, is now totally ruined by a terrible paintjob... 

https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/auto-s/oldtimers/m1931646920-moris-ten-four

Before:

7fd1875a-101e-4909-9e1d-9fd1a0410946?rul

After:

b34b5107-3ba2-4b25-aa47-aa45c33348fd?rul

Philistines.☹️

They didn't even bother to slap some wob in the rusty door bottom before giving it a blow over!

It seems I am rather late to the party. Soz.

2002 Daewoo Tacuma:

IMG_20230204_213322.thumb.jpg.e95c11def6d7b05c37395f6075b5c959.jpg

Always had a soft spot for these, had mine for years, ten times better than a Zafira A IMHO.

I always found it amusing how they decided they needed to brag about it having ABS and twin airbags, so put a sticker on the rear window declaring it 😂

IMG_20230204_213309.thumb.jpg.3e42b7b28eabfa4058e6878cf0d63c30.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/311191187853257/

IMG_20230204_213452.thumb.jpg.fcc1dbce6083a678cf592d71ce3f7e0d.jpg

59 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

This SVX looks quite reasonably priced by today's standards.

s-l1600.jpg

I'd want to know what the health of the gearbox, radiator and rear discs/wheel bearings were before bidding that much. 

I know he's said it was a project, but what work does it need?  The glass looks good but there's some serious blooming on that roof; what's the rest of the car like in the dry? 
I'm not trying to shit on it, but these cars rack up massive bills if certain things are wrong. 

That car is like mine, a phase 2 (single airbag) car. These cars use 290mm vented rear discs that are shared only with the 2005/2006 Impreza WRX STi gravel rally car. They're circa £300 for a new pair and it's 50/50 if they can be lathed. All the parts books list SVX rear discs as 260 mm solids; these were only fitted to the 1992-3/4 non-airbag (phase 1) cars. All the shit that you read of later cars being 'slower' is nonsense, the mapping never changed. None of them can do 155mph as standard. 

BTW, he mentions 'VW' in the listing because a firm in the US called SmallCar developed conversion kits for T25s/T3s.