eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

“Oh hai, yeah, I need a car, a 4x4 that looks really tough.  I don’t want no Range Rover and one of those blinged up G Wagons is waaay too expensive!  I don’t want to be fobbed off with no crossover or nuffin’ it’s gotta be a real 4x4, y’know?”

”Step this way sir, this could be your lucky day”

image.png.1beb9748de2acc730828627babcda52f.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314254999507?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=KzXRfdZkR4u&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y9xs1hiVQ9O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

2 hours ago, garethj said:

“Oh hai, yeah, I need a car, a 4x4 that looks really tough.  I don’t want no Range Rover and one of those blinged up G Wagons is waaay too expensive!  I don’t want to be fobbed off with no crossover or nuffin’ it’s gotta be a real 4x4, y’know?”

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314254999507?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=KzXRfdZkR4u&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=y9xs1hiVQ9O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Extremely rare? I remember a Wheeler Dealers episode where they chose one from hundreds parked in a desert in the states.

9 hours ago, garethj said:

I did a contract back in 2021, where 2 Hmmvvs were purchased one in the UK one in the USA and they were automated. For a project with the US military. They had one driving around the Dessert near salt lake city guided by the stars. GPS denied direction finding.

IIRC the UK one was £30k and the US one $15k 

Apparently they are fucking terrible to actually drive. 

15 hours ago, 3VOM said:

I looked at that about 10 years ago when it was dragged out of a garage in Yeadon. It was pretty ropey then. Shame it's not got the love since. 

18 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

They don't want to upset the apple cart
And they don't want to cause any harm 
But if you don't like
What they're going to do 
You better not stop them 'cause they're coming through (because the ally brake drums are ineffective and it can't stop, help, jesus, run for your lives). 

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

I've never seen "Exquisite" and "Lada 1200L" in the same sentence before. I wonder how much more expensive it is now as opposed to when it was originally sold?

Still would, though.

2 hours ago, Fumbler said:

I've never seen "Exquisite" and "Lada 1200L" in the same sentence before. I wonder how much more expensive it is now as opposed to when it was originally sold?

Still would, though.

I have never understood the fascination with these, i drove one about 25 years ago and i can still remember  the driving experience as if it was yesterday, and not in a good way !