eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

16 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

German registered (albeit off the road for 8 years) 740i with absolute poverty spec interior never before seen in the UK. Shame its not a manual, otherwise it'd be mine.

Product photo of 1994 BMW series 7

312546659_5824398487675789_601638525700705329_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s960x960&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=x3c7ZK_af6EAX9aH3Vd&tn=ynfJth1FyQBO8C4Y&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AfCPfOGxK_3JxUcb7hdjbWUyP0t7yaqa5ZBrDz6Xyrdydw&oe=63D5D00A

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/716289616834255/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae1e524a8-210b-4502-8750-511ee6dd0bee

I thought the biggest E38 engine available in manual was the 735i?

6 hours ago, Schaefft said:

I saw this too. Interior looks remarkably good for the mileage but 2.6s are 12V not 24, although they do have the dual ram intake like the 24V and are often mis-described as such.

19 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

The 6-speed manual was the standard gearbox for the 740i from beginning of production all the way to the end. Never offered in the UK and only rarely ordered everywhere else.

I had wondered that as it would make sense, but someone who "knows E38s" was adamant that stopped at the 735. I too would love a manual 740i - that would be a dream car for me 

1 minute ago, horriblemercedes said:

I had wondered that as it would make sense, but someone who "knows E38s" was adamant that stopped at the 735. I too would love a manual 740i - that would be a dream car for me 

Yeah, I still dont think a manual fits the E38 even remotely as well as the E39 but the novelty (and actual value) of a manual 740i would definitely convince me for the right price. I loved my manual 540i and still aim to get an M5 after finding a new house (some day...).

The 735i and below only came with the 5-speed manual btw, similar to the E39 range.

8 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Yeah, I still dont think a manual fits the E38 even remotely as well as the E39 but the novelty (and actual value) of a manual 740i would definitely convince me for the right price. I loved my manual 540i and still aim to get an M5 after finding a new house (some day...).

The 735i and below only came with the 5-speed manual btw, similar to the E39 range.

Everyone always tells me this about the Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon, but I have one and wouldn't change it for an automatic 

2 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

Everyone always tells me this about the Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon, but I have one and wouldn't change it for an automatic 

Everyone tells me this about the SVX and I wish they'd just stop talking to me because I hate people, fuck the gearbox it has, my brain doesn't work 

12 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Everyone tells me this about the SVX and I wish they'd just stop talking to me because I hate people, fuck the gearbox it has, my brain doesn't work 

A manual can really elevate a car if it's in the right car. I haven't driven an SVX yet (would absolutely love to) but the auto problems alone would be a reason to consider it. I'd probably like them either way.

Just now, Schaefft said:

A manual can really elevate a car if it's in the right car. I haven't driven an SVX yet (would absolutely love to) but the auto problems alone would be a reason to consider it. I'd probably like them either way.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my brain is melting smh 

Mamma Mia! This looks good for not much cash.

1998 Fiat Marea ELX! 52,000 miles. MOT due in June. £495.

1998 Fiat Marea Elx For Sale (picture 1 of 6)

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1542826

Edit: or maybe not...

Airbag light on.
Small exhaust blow.
Some tensioners have started making noise with the recent cold weather.
Service history lacking, and I'd say the belts are overdue by this point as they look it.
Heater matrix may be failing. I found damp in passenger footwell.

Edited by ProgRocker
An extra bit I missed

21 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Well bugger me sideways! I papped this literally 10 years ago as a student, parked up on Whiteladies Road in Bristol - glad to see it's still alive and kicking, although by the sounds of the ad now slightly kwispy underneath.....

image.thumb.png.0045a990622bcb70ac408d1a0bb44650.png