eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

18 hours ago, egg said:

These were a grand not so long ago in this condition.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2125622750963471

322091349_8605018639569796_3468517132078

16 hours ago, egg said:

It's hard to find the right AS-approved Standard 8/10 spec. They are typically either basket cases, pineappled (cos rally car), or over-restored. Original condition runners and drivers and kind of rare.

I guess this is about right, but £4k for a bootless wonder

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1469944

1954-standard-8-62b49c6785d4d.thumb.jpg.4b085be0fbfd9dc1c0eaa0716b472e7b.jpg

15 hours ago, egg said:

Nice rainy porridge. Been converted to manual from semi.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354492123169?

s-l500.jpg

15 hours ago, egg said:

Going through a bit of a phase are we?

I'd have one but I would have to put a 1300 in it. Not necessarily the full Spitfire spec TC as I have in my Triumph but the standard 1300/Herald. Technically less power but the power comes in lower down. Practically indistinguishable from the original 803cc from the outside but double the power. I believe a herald disc brake conversion is fairly simple too. 

The rest I would leave completely original and hopefully slightly careworn. It would then be a perfectly usable daily driver. Perfect for trips to London. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Buckles said:

You don’t pay unless it moves a triggers a camera. So you can move a few streets if there are no cameras about. 

Parked up is fine on street. But move it any distance you will get caught on a camera and fined if you have not paid within the prescribed time.

Cameras are everywhere - you can't get far.

City Hall spent £150M setting this up, just to catch a few old vans and older diesel cars that would disappear off the road anyway... most petrol cars after year 2001 are not covered. Part of the financial modelling was to recoup this 150M cost...from charges and fines!

Getting caught just gives them money. I think revenues are much lower than they though anyway so the whole thing is enforced hard.

The expansion is though to cost £200M.

The whole shebang is run for profit by Capita for City Hall so somebody also makes a profit out of you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capita

The usual money-rinsing operation so common in the UK.  'Your motoring is their concern' kerching.

They will be bound to increase the price - I would expect they will extend the years of cars charged too.

Screenshot_20230110-232543_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ce8795d2572e63f191f2e7d8daea11cc.jpg

Bastards Eddy!

Meanwhile across London stabbings and shootings continue daily...

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Going through a bit of a phase are we?

Yeah, I like the utter austerity of 'em, and not being a Minor (nothing against MM's at all, just always rooting for the underdog). I could definitely potter around the Bay in one while doing the grease points every month*.

Not this...

Picture 1 of 23

..but this...

Picture 2 of 23

1977 Dodge Walk Thru Barn Find Restoration Catering Glamping Camper Project | eBay

Picture 15 of 23

Actually looks like it's been to Mr Whippy's bukkake party

'Would make a stunning catering van or camper glamping unit'

LINE Creators' Stickers - Winter play sticker(English version) Example with  GIF Animation

15 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Not this...

Picture 1 of 23

..but this...

Picture 2 of 23

1977 Dodge Walk Thru Barn Find Restoration Catering Glamping Camper Project | eBay

Picture 15 of 23

Actually looks like it's been to Mr Whippy's bukkake party

'Would make a stunning catering van or camper glamping unit'

LINE Creators' Stickers - Winter play sticker(English version) Example with  GIF Animation

"Was used as a farm fridge
has been sprayed with foam insulation which seems to have protected will obviously have buggered the exterior"
EFA