eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Might start if you connect the battery. What a pity it has been left in the street to deteriorate, front wing to sill rot looks like it could be expensive or terminal and poverty spec seats will hold it back value wise. Current price makes it ideal for breaking.

That looks remarkably solid for an XJ6, mine was far worse at 9 years old back in 1993, the front wing  / sill is an easy repair. Great colour and nice with cloth interior. This could be a nice easy project and worthwhile being one owner too. I would buy it if I had more room. It would be awful if it got broken but I have too many projects to take it on.

2 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Might start if you connect the battery. What a pity it has been left in the street to deteriorate, front wing to sill rot looks like it could be expensive or terminal and poverty spec seats will hold it back value wise. Current price makes it ideal for breaking.

I quite liked it as I would like a fairly straightforward XJ project, but I fear you're right. It all looked promising for a moment... 

35 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Fuck me, a running diesel R3 for 150 quid!!!  Why are all these bargains always on the other pissing side of the world from me?

If it's still there I can probably get it back here for you.

18 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

What's the steering wheel from, I wonder? Can't quite make out the blacked out logo...

Says Dutton on them - the later ones are Jimny based (wee picture is a Jimny wheel) - not sure what Dutton's little knob is about or if it comes from a different era Jimny but I'm guessing he's got a load of made up center bits that he swaps out for the Jimny ones

image.png.afb0094de62ba97a43f22c101ad93f58.png image.png.27375fdce565fc2ce52a14402839f1a1.png

1 hour ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

They still are

It's hard to find the right AS-approved Standard 8/10 spec. They are typically either basket cases, pineappled (cos rally car), or over-restored. Original condition runners and drivers and kind of rare.

I guess this is about right, but £4k for a bootless wonder

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1469944

1954-standard-8-62b49c6785d4d.thumb.jpg.4b085be0fbfd9dc1c0eaa0716b472e7b.jpg

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Picture 2 of 16

1973 RARE SUPER LOW MILLAGE THORNYCROFT NUBIAN | eBay

Not going to lie, will be totes disappoint if whoever sitting in the front there hasn't got a marker pen read to write a letter 'C'

Picture 15 of 16

Please somebody on here buy this so I can come and drive it...

Here is a similar engined lorry being driven by a dog:

I am not a dog incidentally.

7 hours ago, D.E said:

This must be one of the last ones made before the XJ40 turned up.

One owner which is unusual.

It is a pity it is not older by 2-3 years as at the moment it is neither ULEZ compliant - (it is in the zone) nor MoT and Tax exempt. Worth squirreling away until until it is.