eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

6 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I think the Bristol is badly proportioned and looks like a kit car.

There is something very cool about them tho. In the metal they are twice the size you expect and often to be seen outside some squillion pound pad in Holland Park London. They are classy in a way an old 80/90's Rolls or Jag could never be. They say I'm rich and don't give a monkeys and probably drive very nicely.

30 minutes ago, HMC said:

That’s it. What a lash up.

Has anyone ever compiled a list of all the different rear light clusters these were fitted with throughout their production life?  Senator B and Bedford CF2 are the other two that immediately spring to mind, but I'm sure there were more.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Ooh, that's exactly like my old one.  (Except mine was on a Y suffix for some reason.)

probably because it was imported Pre August 1983, back then imports and demobbed army vehicles etc, got given a registration plate based on date of first registration rather then vehicle age, that policy ended with the commence of A Prefix, then everything onwards got appropriate age related plates for the most part!

question is, is your old one still on its Y suffix plate? a lot of these pre August 1983 imports have sadly been through keepers which have requested an age related mark and lost their late registration madness marks!

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Not sure they would - once a car is >40 years old you can get away with a lot more.

nah not anymore a little while back they thankfully put the kybosh on that, its now Pre 1980 or older only for white/silver and black plates, it does not roll forward with the historic vehicle tax anymore

really they should of rolled it back to 1st of Jan 1973 like it was in period, but they said they did not want to cause unnecessary expense for those who had already bought new plates...