25 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Boxy old shape Wagon -R

IMG_20221231_183229.thumb.jpg.edc639c3732030089e43b70867adcfa4.jpg

Colourful MOT history... 

IMG_20221231_183857.thumb.jpg.294718186274090967c4d9eb023ee001.jpg

Brake pads rusty !? 

Wheel rusty (x3) - what the actual fuck 😂

IMG_20221231_183844.thumb.jpg.54a53a08fa48a6fe9d7b4e0a1c425d67.jpg

"very very bad" confirms the man from the ministry in 2011 !

I have every respect for fair and decent testers. My own tester is one of them - I fully trust his judgement but also know that he won't start sucking through his teeth because he's been presented with a car which is almost two decades old. 

Testers like the fella/fellette above need pulling up on their judgements. 'Chassis rails corroding very very bad but was not excessive enough to fail'? Jeez. 

24 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I have every respect for fair and decent testers. My own tester is one of them - I fully trust his judgement but also know that he won't start sucking through his teeth because he's been presented with a car which is almost two decades old. 

Testers like the fella/fellette above need pulling up on their judgements. 'Chassis rails corroding very very bad but was not excessive enough to fail'? Jeez. 

100% agree. I think the issue is that a lot of testers are looking at what could develop into a problem soon, rather than what they're supposed to be checking - defects present at the time of test.

It's like failing brake pads because they aren't quite bad enough but they won't last until next year. Or a tyre because it's on 1.7mm.. yes, it should be replaced but that's not a valid MOT concern. That's what advisories are for.

A lot of testers just don't know the manual adequately, I can only assume they glaze over at the annual refresher course because I'm forever seeing testers bicker with eachother quoting various sections of the test manual over what is and isn't a fail. I've lost count of how many 51 plate cars for example I've seen failed for an EML light

For example, tyre fitting isn't a fail anymore unless in the case of an arrow of direction. Fitted inside facing out is just a P+A but I guarantee if you went on Facebook you'd find two testers bickering about it somewhere!

All they needed to do in this case is put (xyz) mounting prescribed area corroded, but not excessive or whatever the wording would have been in 2011 and that's all bases covered

Seeing "undertray fitted" really pisses me off. Very divisive opinion though! I wish DVSA would implement a test condition note section or something where such things could be noted rather than logging it as an advisory. Being accompanied by "monitor and repair if necessary" is just daft

19 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

This advert was a genuine belly laugh... 

Citroen C4 Picasso needing a clutch. Still drives tho m9 just needs gearbox service m8 etc

IMG_20221231_011259.thumb.jpg.72f96326a08bd278ac700f3362bcb035.jpg

IMG_20221231_011315.thumb.jpg.1253fa1d8aaca6916e8cb4e71ae0aa83.jpg

Seems fairly innocent, until.. 

IMG_20221231_011327.thumb.jpg.ec90d4e6d93cafc16a25b5b70c1ae27e.jpg

Yeah, it would appear that the wing has gone missing. Not even mentioned 😂

IMG_20221231_011339.thumb.jpg.5979e7ba6f00d13faba61dbb9544b0f1.jpg

Can't have shit in Feltham 😂

I loved these Picassos when they first came out. A huge improvement over the old shape one that stayed on for a further 3 years. I thought they looked like nothing else at the time. But most of the ones I see in my area nowadays are sadly fucked.

3 minutes ago, MantaGTE85 said:

I loved these Picassos when they first came out. A huge improvement over the old shape one that stayed on for a further 3 years. I thought they looked like nothing else at the time. But most of the ones I see in my area nowadays are sadly fucked.

Yes they're definitely a lot more modern and up to date, also very comfortable. But I can't fault my Xsara Picasso either, I think they've always been comfortable and capable cars as well. The Xsara being a little bit too quirky for its own good though 

1 hour ago, Motown said:

Ive messaged the chap as this car isnt far away from me. I wonder what it would take to convert it to automatic transmission>? 

A donor car would be the best bet. Worth doing though, the Ambassador’s qualities really suit BW35 style automatic driving.

Picture 1 of 14

1985 Freightliner FLC 12064T Double Drive Tractor, 14L American Truck, Peterbilt | eBay

There's nothing not to like here. It's MOT exempt, can be driven on a 7.5 tonne licence and the tax is only £90 a year.

Picture 1 of 12

VW transporter t5 LWB Camper Genuine High Top-True One Off | eBay 

'...preferably not local so I don't have to see her driving around'

You and I both, M8.

10 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Picture 1 of 14

1985 Freightliner FLC 12064T Double Drive Tractor, 14L American Truck, Peterbilt | eBay

There's nothing not to like here. It's MOT exempt, can be driven on a 7.5 tonne licence and the tax is only £90 a year.

I’d daily that……