eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 11/30/2022 at 2:59 PM, wuvvum said:

This is a bit odd - a year-old car being sold as spares or repairs because of some dash lights.  Surely you'd just get it fixed under warranty?

s-l1600.jpg

Smells fishy to me.  I wonder if somebody can't afford the PCP payments anymore?

ebay name: musty.

I wonder if it has been driven through floodwater and it's knackered the lectrix?

12 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

Currently cheap and rather sexy (except the seats)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185680651440?hash=item2b3b6de4b0:g:q4MAAOSwq3ljiMN5&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoF6G2e5%2BIl37Wf3%2BSoUBH0aFv6C8fxzlprOvdg79KfcvAEGdqehVnwGen2DSJCmCwHEfJZLtIz37zenEY%2FGxjgdphVxrSVpnKA1ErU9GxTI%2Fw19kkOplT1q5Pq5FXN3KRviJ8rBaae1ecazI%2Bzb1YwgUV9CDdxAXAn8NUfIooxjgeeM7QfdGfhl5lwKWi69aV09EfrqV4LWyQge5DLLsX9I%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4q

Posted 23 hours ago

In 1982 there was a What Car? group test that claimed to be of all the car anyone could possibly need, it was 2.0L Granada, Rover 2000 and , I think, a Renault 20 and a Saab 900. It could have been a CX or 505. But you get the idea, big enough, fast enough for everyday use but cheap enough to run.

@NorfolkNWeigh I don’t think they were far off in this statement, the  Granada is a great car but the Rover is now more affordable and not a bad runner up. If it stays cheap get it bought 😀

Picture 1 of 8
Picture 2 of 8

Looks nice, but not for me I’m afraid. My ideal SD1 would have to be at least a 2600 auto, these days . Funny how getting old changes your perspective, years ago I was always chasing manuals, one of my favourites was a very rusty R reg manual V8 with no PAS ( ex Police) that you almost needed 3 hands to drive when it was cold due to one hand controlling the choke , one wrestling with the stiff gear change and two to turn the wheel! 
In 1992 I bought a 2000 manual , last car through the auction and I’d sold what I arrived in, it was a 4 speed  in Moonraker , paid £80 plus the charges and it drove lovely. Gave it to my Dad as he was gong through a divorce and his only cars at the time ( Spartan Kit car and S1Land Rover, both of which he still has) were too flaky to get around between Kidwelly and Milton Keynes, he kept it for 3 years before trading it in at a classic dealer against a horrible Scimitar GTE.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, Austat said:

I absolutely love these... I tried to import an Australian 416i which was basically a Honda Integra with a Rover badge. I think its absolutely criminal they were never put on the Uk market.

416i-vitesse-600x337.webp.6e20ade39e4560ff7b0464d638c4edc4.webp

rover416icabin.webp.a882290ccba86c4449d20584eb7f5f61.webp

Moving on the floor now baby, you're a turd and parasite

Windscreen's got a cracked smile, it's not very nice

Picture 7 of 12

You broke that mirror knob way out west

You know you're going somewhere special

perhaps CarTakeBack are best?

Picture 1 of 12

Her name is Renault and she gets right on my gland

Should push her in the river that goes through this Scouse land

and when she's shite she really shows you all she can

oh Renault Renault what's so sodding Grand?

Picture 6 of 12

I've used you on the beach, as everyone can see

a fifth of a million miles

as the last MOT will view

But then I know I'm sure you can see it's not for you

Picture 10 of 12

Her name is Renault and she should be baked bean canned

I'd rather park her in the midst of sinking sand

and when you look she'll really show you that she can

be bounced off every wall within this fucking land

Picture 3 of 12

hey now woo looking at that

I'm no longer feeling down

room om the drive for when the RAC arrive

because you're no longer alive, alive alive

I'll take my chance as scrap money's really high

I know what you're thinking

this money pit's sinking, I know what you're thinking

Picture 2 of 12

Her name is Renault and I have seen first hand

she's like a dog that's been trained to shit upon command

and when she's gone I'm going to get as pissed as I can

Oh Renault Renault please get her off my land

renault grand espace | eBay

Picture 1 of 12

1950s Billy Smarts Circus Advance Booking Office Trailer | eBay

£20,000! 

Probably end up on a farm in Wiltshire being Glamperised by some hipsters and wanked off by George Clarke.

16 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

Currently cheap and rather sexy (except the seats)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185680651440?hash=item2b3b6de4b0:g:q4MAAOSwq3ljiMN5&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoF6G2e5%2BIl37Wf3%2BSoUBH0aFv6C8fxzlprOvdg79KfcvAEGdqehVnwGen2DSJCmCwHEfJZLtIz37zenEY%2FGxjgdphVxrSVpnKA1ErU9GxTI%2Fw19kkOplT1q5Pq5FXN3KRviJ8rBaae1ecazI%2Bzb1YwgUV9CDdxAXAn8NUfIooxjgeeM7QfdGfhl5lwKWi69aV09EfrqV4LWyQge5DLLsX9I%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4q

Posted 23 hours ago

In 1982 there was a What Car? group test that claimed to be of all the car anyone could possibly need, it was 2.0L Granada, Rover 2000 and , I think, a Renault 20 and a Saab 900. It could have been a CX or 505. But you get the idea, big enough, fast enough for everyday use but cheap enough to run.

@NorfolkNWeigh I don’t think they were far off in this statement, the  Granada is a great car but the Rover is now more affordable and not a bad runner up. If it stays cheap get it bought 😀

Picture 1 of 8
Picture 2 of 8

Bidded and watching closely. Yes iam a glutton for punishment

Car people: We've seen it all now.

eBay: Hold my coat

Picture 1 of 8

Rover Mini 1.3 Cooper Custom Desk. Perfect For Your Man Cave / Showroom | eBay

Five fucking grand.

3 hours ago, moosemansjukebox said:

I thought so too - but some googling suggests they ran with both names? Bizarre 

Yes. Only up to W reg. In the UK only, it was known as the Persona from November '93 until March '00, when it was re-named the Wira. They did similar when they changed their Colt-based 3dr version from Compact to Satria, at the same time.