eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

1986 RHD Renault 4 van project. Mid-engined 1.9L with rollcage. Sounds good so far?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234784244036

s-l1600.jpg

eh?????

I like that but many will not. In it’s defence, I expect it was rotten as a pear before the modifications.

But all of that work and then fit a fuck-awful four-cylinder VAG Diesel engine? 

Have we had this beauty yet? It's identical to one my parents neighbours owned in the mid 1980s, complete with back seat. I remember the fella saying at the time it was an unusual one because of the interior setup. I didn't realise it was a specific 'Double Plus' model though.

I've many happy memories of bouncing around in the back of my mate's mum's ropey ex AA H.A at a similar time in the 80s. 

Want.

Screenshot_20221122_191555_eBay.thumb.jpg.67916d46365fd1bd910ea684eb0789e8.jpg

HA

23 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Nice looking W124, has cow, extra seats, and what appear to be non-ventilated front wings.  99p no reserve, Isle Of Wight - doesn't Ma @Lord Sterling live there?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134336434949?hash=item1f47135305:g:3yMAAOSwjKxjdJts

Picture 12 of 14

Oh dear 🤯 lovely. I miss mine. I really need to get back into a nice petrol car.

Ma is no longer in the IoW sadly. Retired from the NHS about a year or so ago. I picked her up from there when she finished, she's back in Brum town now.

4 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

The economy and performance of a modern derv whilst retaining the practicality of a van

It's ruined. 

We can tell that from the badge on the engine.

Potatographed Anglia van, anyone?

Picture 1 of 12

Ford Anglia Van | eBay

There's a fairly simple* way to buy it, involving flying to Portugal, examining it, paying two different people, flying home, then going to Birmingham to pick it up weeks later.  So, in a nutshell, it involves going to a strange land where you can't understand the locals, putting yourself at the risk of being bummed/mugged/used a drug mule AND you still have to also go to Portugal.

'It is not being used since 1985'

Neither's Birmingham, M8

Screenshot_20221123-235314_Chrome.jpg.71c52dbfdbd671276d2d114da97b2a0e.jpg

Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a Yorkshire Jowett Jupiter...

An old Jowett Jupiter...

Without bumpers...

Or seats...

With a filthy, rusted scuttle...

We never used to even have a hood. We used to have to drive round with the rain coming in...

The best we could manage was huddle inside...

But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor!

Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, 'Money doesn't buy you much Jowett Jupiter!

E' was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to drive in this old Jowett, with no windscreen.

Windscreen? You were lucky to have a hole! We used to drive round in one, all twenty-six of us, no seats. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of falling!

You were lucky to drive! We used to have no steering wheel. 

Screenshot_20221123-235607_Chrome.jpg.e548db91b0dd0c94f81c3806b86170c7.jpg

We used to dream of no steering wheel. Woulda' been a amazing to us. Twenty of us used to drive in an old Jowett with no windscreen, no hood, no seats, no trim, no steering wheel, a hole in the floor, a rusty scuttle, and a dashboard made out of an old plank.

Screenshot_20221123-235345_eBay.thumb.jpg.1c44cc26b96f130d1f5b35757817b137.jpg

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

Aye

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125624913721?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aW4UNBJIRpG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=rmbjp-qvseq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Product photo of 2008 Iveco daily xlwb ‼️spares or  Repairs ‼️

'One's a patched up old boat that's spent most of its life in the sea, needs a 2 year re-fit and should be craned off to the scrap yard. The other is a ship.'

John Chester, Facebook Motors.