eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, stendec said:

Austin-Healey Sprite "c/w 2 pallets of spares" no V5

4B5A160E-6437-4D52-9F90-7FD1FD6661C2.thumb.jpeg.91838087588862e42499c75a449fc33f.jpeg

That's fantastic. Real potential right there. The old welding looks a bit ropey but it certainly looks a really solid starting point. It looks to have been an abandoned resto from a long time ago I reckon. I wonder how it ended up at the back of a factory for 40+ years? 

If I had the skills and space, I'd love to take something like that on. 

10 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

What a mess... hope it can be saved. At least if you ever decide to retrofit a turbo, it already has the dash

Automatic n/a 300ZX aren't particularly rare or valuable. One looking like this is little more than a parts donor. Unfortunately most of them, incl. the turbos, were owned by 40 year old men children at some point and are pretty much ruined now with questionably fitted body kits and shitty resprays.

45 minutes ago, goosey said:

Not for night use and driver's seat looks rather uncomfortable!

20 hours ago, stendec said:

Austin-Healey Sprite "c/w 2 pallets of spares" no V5

4B5A160E-6437-4D52-9F90-7FD1FD6661C2.thumb.jpeg.91838087588862e42499c75a449fc33f.jpeg

I love the period number plates on that! fitted long before anyone gave a crap about "having silver on black plates" :) 

although it is sad to think that you know when that ends up getting restored, the plates will probably be getting binned off for just that, some pair of awful £20 silver on black plates in completely the wrong font and font size

4 hours ago, stendec said:

Yeah dates don't tie up, ad claims made in 1981!

Also, per DVLA it should be red!

They state its a 2 1/4 'turbo' diesel, (not turbo obviously) and it has the hand throttle quadrant on the bulkhead as late series 3 diesels should plus the extra switch panel set in the middle of the dash. That's correct for the 1981 date. 

Certainly an odd one. Maybe they've stuck the rear tub and bumper off an old one and just not bothered to remove the plates?