eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

37 minutes ago, Poweredbyhopealone said:

I love these little things. Particularly how to modern eyes it looks like it should be a hatchback, but isn't.

Putting a cooking B-series in a scabby one of these is probably my most often had car fantasy.

They are though, well some of them.  The Countryman model looked exactly the same as the saloon until you opened the back, at which point a two-piece tailgate revealed itself.  Confusingly the Innocenti version (Italian and other European markets) had a one-piece lift-up affair.

I'm sure the B-series transplant has been done, but as with the Minor, it's a big chunk of weight to dump over the front wheels.  It's significantly bigger and heavier than the A-series they came with.  I've had mad ideas of using a 2.0 Pinto or 2.3 Volvo 740, but really, a 1.6 or 1.8 MX5 engine and box would be a long way more than adequate, and somewhat lighter.  And we all know how MX5s like to rot!

34 minutes ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

£10,000 Skoda

that's the one from Manor Park Classics auction earlier this year. I went there with a view to buy this but those blokes from the TV were bidding it up well past what it was worth because profits were going to Ukraine 

Picture 1 of 12

Citroen XM 3.0Si V6 1990 for restoration or parts | eBay

'At the time of the fire I was doing a lap of Oulton Park'

Yeah, we've all used that under caution, M8.

Picture 1 of 9

5087 MILES ONLY PEUGEOT BOXER Electric van, spares or repairs Camper conversion | eBay

Basically. it's an electric van, but the battery pack has gone. He bought a Jaguar I-pace battery (and some other bits) but helpfully sold the Jag battery. To try and compensate* for this, all the electrical drive gear will be removed prior to sale.

TL:DR?

It's a £1,250 van for £3,950 and if you do convert it back to diesel you're essentially faced with a ticking time bomb 2.2HDi or a spazzy 2.3 Iv*co engine. 

9 minutes ago, stendec said:

Zephyr Mk 4 "full restoration project" "currently not running" 

15879D6D-682F-4244-94F1-445488DE26B8.thumb.jpeg.297402fd61f576830363a232d30c8500.jpeg

I like these because my grandad had one and hate them in equal measure because of the out of proportion front end, was these designed from the outset to have the spare tyre under the bonnet? 

10 minutes ago, goosey said:

I like these because my grandad had one and hate them in equal measure because of the out of proportion front end, was these designed from the outset to have the spare tyre under the bonnet? 

I like them for being way over the top! The styling seems to be very American inspired so may be Ford decided to make use of the spare under-bonnet space for the spare and free up some boot room.  I don't know if Ford ever had plans to fit a V8 and whether that was partly responsible for the long bonnet or whether it was solely inspired by style*.

6 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

They are though, well some of them.  The Countryman model looked exactly the same as the saloon until you opened the back, at which point a two-piece tailgate revealed itself.  Confusingly the Innocenti version (Italian and other European markets) had a one-piece lift-up affair.

I'm sure the B-series transplant has been done, but as with the Minor, it's a big chunk of weight to dump over the front wheels.  It's significantly bigger and heavier than the A-series they came with.  I've had mad ideas of using a 2.0 Pinto or 2.3 Volvo 740, but really, a 1.6 or 1.8 MX5 engine and box would be a long way more than adequate, and somewhat lighter.  And we all know how MX5s like to rot!

Sounds like a plan to me, especially if it can be on twin carbs. Now, should we start a go fund me or just start begging?

3 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

It's a £1,250 van for £3,950 and if you do convert it back to diesel you're essentially faced with a ticking time bomb 2.2HDi or a spazzy 2.3 Iv*co engine. 

The 2.3 JTD is actually a bloody good engine in my experience.  I'd have one over a 2.2 HDI anyway.

6 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

My second A40 had a mildly tuned 1275 A-series and that was plenty powerful enough for the car - unless you're going to start upgrading wheels, brakes and suspension I wouldn't have wanted much more than the ~70bhp that was putting out.