eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

This looks cheap.

s-l1600.jpg

@LightBulbFun How difficult would it be to get the Cat B marker removed?

never tried getting an insurance marker removed! dont think anyones ever written off an Invacar LOL

but I do question if it really does have an Cat B marker, if there really is nothing on the V5, although that could be a communication failure between the insurance Co and the DVLA 

I imagine tho if the car really is still structurally sound etc, you could argue your point and get re-assessed and have the marker removed

in the end it is just that, a marker a thing applied by a human being, so like wise a human being can more then likely remove it!

although checking out its record with my non HPI tools does show it was marked scrapped in 1998 for what thats worth

image.png.f8d1170e863159e18d3c91fc2d264c1c.png

and the guys "reason" for why it would have a Cat B marker makes no sense either, for one Cars dont randomly gain insurance markers just because they have been off the road a long time

and this particular vehicle has been registered with the DVLA for a fair old while! I cant say for sure if it was culled as a dead pre 1983 record, but certainly been active since 1991 and likely well before, thats for sure!

image.png.2597276e080b2a34a7876bd2604c04d1.png

so I would still approach with caution 

I can PM you the details someone who can run a trade HPI for you if you wish to get the low down on it?

as an aside, apart from bonus points of being Surrey registered, I love the miss matched plates on it, id totally run it like that :) 

4 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Maybe he's getting confused between Cat B and a scrapped marker - both mean in theory that the car can't go back on the road.

I assume getting a scrapped marker removed is easier?

he could be! however a scrapped marker can go along with an insurance write off, for example while I dont know what category the Cedric got written off into, it was DVLA marked scrapped for example

the scrapped marker on this jag will have already been removed, since there has clearly been activity since after it was applied

it just so happens that due to the way both Carbaba and my tool works that I happen to be able to still see it

often times the scrapped marker vanishes entirely, but sometimes you can sometimes still see them

if I play with things I can bring up a more current version of the record for the Jag and it shows no more scrapped marker

another example of this is if you look up with Carbaba, VES108S you can still see its scrapped marker from back in the day, but if you look up TPE222S you cant see its scrapped marker anymore, even tho it was marked scrapped in 2003!

see for some reason, vehicles can gain 2 records of sorts, and you only ever get 1 by looking up the reg number/VIN number matching

for example with REV, by registration, I get this

image.png

but if I look up REV by chassis number non matching, I get this :) 

image.png

I dont know if this is a DVLA end thing, or a 3rd party tool thing, but thats why the jag still shows a scrapped marker even tho it has been removed

but in this case it plays in our favour as otherwise I would not see it

but indeed getting a scrapped marker removed is easy peasy lemon squeezy :) 

19 hours ago, barrett said:

Check this out for £500!!

306550151_10224894064051231_693702282827

It's only a 1969 RHD R4! Yes, 1969 means it has the semi-translucent steering wheel and NOB

306615148_10224894061411165_684241659190

It's a bit battered, but doesn't actually appear to be too fundamentally fucked. There's a bit of work there, sure, but that's got to be virtually unique over here I'd have thought?

Looks like the paintwork will even come up nicely. New bonnet and wings and away you go!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/537191434831321/

EDIT: it's clearly 1967, apparently I don't know the alphabet

Are there any other 67s even left over here? What a find. I love the fact even the vin plate is a diamond shape. I've got vague recollections of my mate's mum's A plate R4 from back in the day having some diamond pattern details in the cabin too. The dash gearchange always fascinated me at the time. 

I test drove and almost bought a 1967 4 - that was even earlier, on an E plate and with the earlier grille.  6 volt electrics, 845cc engine and 3-speed 'box with no synchro on first.  Fantastic little thing, but this was before MOT exemption and it was rather rusty so I reluctantly passed.

Not many people are aware but technically you can put a Cat B on the road again under certain circumstances, I’ve personally insured probably 2 or 3 in my time working in the industry. They’ve always been cars with a story - you would never get a run of the mill car done. I think one of the ones I did was a fire damaged Lamborghini. The insurers would take each one on its own merit and likely want engineers reports etc. 

Likewise, you can in theory put a Cat B or a scrapped car on the road by going down the Q plate route but that in itself is an absolute nightmare.

@LightBulbFunif you like the tools you’ve got access to as a member of the public, you’d love the tools we have in the insurance industry! As a side note,  have you studied much on ABI codes? 

6 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

@LightBulbFunif you like the tools you’ve got access to as a member of the public, you’d love the tools we have in the insurance industry! As a side note,  have you studied much on ABI codes? 

Yeah! I have often wondered what all the extra Juicy bits you can see behind the scenes that I cant! :) Id ask for details but you probably cant share too much about what you can and cant see LOL

I have seen ABI Codes mentioned in passing in my ever on going vehicle/DVLA research, but I have not really been able to find much on them

from what little I can find, its some sort of coding system that the ABI, (association of British insurers) use 

in the same way that on the DVLA back end everything is coded in their own way

ZA is INVACAR, Z0 is AC (ELECTRIC), Z5 is TIPPEN DELTA etc

Ooofta. Identical to my first car. The red interior is really rare I've maybe only seen it a couple of other times in 30 odd years.

I keep having dreams about still owning this car were I can't remember the place I parked it. I don't think I'll be owning this one at 11 grand though.

I don't think those wheels are right though I think they're maybe off a GL the L had basic steels with no trim rings.

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_5044-scaled.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204127486536