eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

The first picture should always be the best picture

Image 1 - Vauxhall Corsa sxi 1.4

At least two of them look to have pissed themselves and at least one is having a full on whitey.  Does you make you wonder what sort of car is being sold here. Let's find out...

Image 4 - Vauxhall Corsa sxi 1.4

Vauxhall Corsa sxi 1.4 | eBay

Whoops!

Not since the walking stick in the back of the automatic Daewoo have I been so unsurprised for a car-driver association.

14 hours ago, MantaGTE85 said:

This is a bag of shit I know. But aren't these Polo Classics meant to have squarer headlamps with straight bonnet leading edges? Or am I thinking of its Derby fore-runner? It somehow looks odd as a saloon with the breadvan front end.

My 2nd car was a 1.1 VW Derby in 1981 , its an experience I'm not keen on repeating 

8 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Nice to see a truthful advert for one of those for a change, rather than the usual "will do 70mph all day long / can be driven at 16 on a provisional licence" bollocks that you usually see.

I test drove a brand new one of those when they were still in some showrooms.  It was at a Reliant dealer in Thrapston (closed years ago).  The diesel engine was about as unrefined as it is possible to imagine.  Everything in the car was shaking and being a cvt there was not much you could do to avoid the numerous resonances.  It was like a mobile pneumatic drill and even the salesman seemed to be embarrassed by the vibration, noise and the high price.  In different circumstances I would love one now.  They are simply nuts. 

7 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

oooh thats lovely! id love to get that roadworthy but otherwise not change a thing

@eddyramrodI believe this is your cue :mrgreen:

I must echo your comments there!  It's gorgeous, almost exactly what I would choose.  But it's over a grand already and I'm not able to put that much into what would be a project.  Welding is needed (red flag); he hasn't had it running (red flag); no V5 (red flag).  But when all that's sorted out I would happily swop Handsome for it...

4 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

I must echo your comments there!  It's gorgeous, almost exactly what I would choose.  But it's over a grand already and I'm not able to put that much into what would be a project.  Welding is needed (red flag); he hasn't had it running (red flag); no V5 (red flag).  But when all that's sorted out I would happily swop Handsome for it...

pffft, you see red flags, I see "bring it on!"

Welding we have a @GingerNuttz for that, haven't had it running, we have a the FoD for that, and no V5? we have a me for that :) 

get it bought figure out the rest later! 

23 hours ago, 500tops said:

Hmmm.... surely if it's been maintained OK, this shouldn't be a problem.... looking for a commuter for potential new job.... Any reason why this wouldn't be a good idea, bearing in mind a yearly season ticket to T'Smoke is £2700 or £4000 with tubes...

EDIT: It's not ULEZ friendly, so £12.50 per day to pay.... (gets calculator out)....