eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

13 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Thanks! it will be interesting to hear how it goes! :)

This is the reply from the seller:  "I am in France till Thursday on holiday.  I am more then happy to add you to the list to see it / buy it but unfortunately I have had over 100 messages before you. The list is rather long. Sorry"

So it sounds as if it might be genuine and someone could be getting a bargain.

7 minutes ago, BeEP said:

This is the reply from the seller:  "I am in France till Thursday on holiday.  I am more then happy to add you to the list to see it / buy it but unfortunately I have had over 100 messages before you. The list is rather long. Sorry"

Thanks! yeah im not surprised by that response, if its genuine no wonder their inbox exploded at that sort of price!

hopefully it finds a good home with someone!

rather then turned into a glamping pod! 

I am just wondering how it managed to fly under the radar so to speak, end up getting listed for so cheap

in that listing a Routemaster for a Grand, is like someone listing a 1960's Mk1 Mini for £50, just because thats what they bought it for back in 1985, and somehow completely missed what they go for these days

you pull any joe public off the street and they know that a Routemaster/Mk1 Mini is worth way more then £1000/£50 so its rather curious from that front as well

hence my initial comment of "that can be right!"

although I wonder if they even know its a Routemaster? its not actually listed as such, so maybe just sheer blissful ignorance? 

bizarre but not impossible (but again its like someone having a Mini and not knowing its a mIni and just listing it as a "an old British Motor corporation car of some kind")

11 hours ago, grogee said:

Yeah that would be fun. Although I think one of the things that makes them fun is the lightweight petrol engine, so having this boat anchor in the front might spoil it a bit. 

Still, I like the sound of a diesel sleeper. But it's probably a bit crispy. 

They drive just the same with the diesel in them, still exceptional handling and grip in a fiesta style way. 

I had one years ago and the td is great, let's it pick up really well, great torque and really fills in the gaps the old flat derv couldn't. 

Good on fuel too. 

1 hour ago, BeEP said:

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

Thanks! yeah im not surprised by that response, if its genuine no wonder their inbox exploded at that sort of price!

hopefully it finds a good home with someone!

rather then turned into a glamping pod! 

I am just wondering how it managed to fly under the radar so to speak, end up getting listed for so cheap

in that listing a Routemaster for a Grand, is like someone listing a 1960's Mk1 Mini for £50, just because thats what they bought it for back in 1985, and somehow completely missed what they go for these days

you pull any joe public off the street and they know that a Routemaster/Mk1 Mini is worth way more then £1000/£50 so its rather curious from that front as well

hence my initial comment of "that can be right!"

although I wonder if they even know its a Routemaster? its not actually listed as such, so maybe just sheer blissful ignorance? 

bizarre but not impossible (but again its like someone having a Mini and not knowing its a mIni and just listing it as a "an old British Motor corporation car of some kind")

I mean, if this is real they might get a bit of a shock if they do ever decide to see what they're going for. But more fool them if they don't because a quick Google (and I mean quick, in under a minute) found this. Surely if you're selling something you would do this? 

Screenshot_20220723_211029_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c524e9e18e8bcc32a793436b0b0f2485.jpg

Would love to know how this pans out but I doubt we'll ever find out. 

55 minutes ago, warch said:

It’d be a great conversation to have with your next door neighbour/wife once you’ve conveyed the thing back to the safety of your driveway.

’I see you’ve bought a bus’…

time to bust out one of my most favourite photographs :) (originally shared to this forum by @Remspoor)

2092932603_AECRT_LondonTransportRT1790_N_DavidArnold_Large.jpg.da4e80683f44e92394fba1f819bca186.jpg

I still would love to know the story behind it, the sheer chutzpah of it all LOL

13 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Cheapest, road legal LPG'd car ever???

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vauxhall/£45-to-fill-up-with-lpg-pays-for-itself-in-7-fill-ups/1437931734

Sadly it's a 1.4 Vauxhall or I'd have bought it already....

Misery. Absolute misery.

I was hoping it was a bottle green Mk3 Astra with the 1.4. I'd have bought it then, to piss my Mum off. She had an SPI one and despised it.

12 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

time to bust out one of my most favourite photographs :) (originally shared to this forum by @Remspoor)

2092932603_AECRT_LondonTransportRT1790_N_DavidArnold_Large.jpg.da4e80683f44e92394fba1f819bca186.jpg

I still would love to know the story behind it, the sheer chutzpah of it all LOL

That's amazing!

I am not sure if I told this before on this forum (I don't think I did), but up until the early 2000s there was a guy in this town who ran a business in importing, selling and maintaining British buses, preferably double deckers. He bought a derelict petrol station to store them all, but not all double deckers could fit under the roof of said petrol station. His solution was to let the air out of the tyres so they could just squeeze underneath it😁

4696865009_43e72bda30_b.jpg

15 hours ago, High Jetter said:

I think that, or something very similar, was in 'On The Buses', not sure if series or film.

On The Buses  used mostly old Bristols. But in one of the films they are sent for retraining to London Transports Chiswick Works and have a go on the skid pan with RM 200. Best part of the film. 

On 7/20/2022 at 12:49 PM, grogee said:

When I worked at Ford Dunton, these were on the employee scheme and were super-cheap, I think it was at the time they were struggling to sell them. As a contractor I wasn't eligible but LOADS of people bought them, mainly in Aspen Green I think. Possibly the facelift bug-eye lights one, I can't remember.

Yes the seat cloth is a bit 50 Shades of Grey but overall I think they've aged well. I bet it's alright, this

Love a Mk1 and they make a cracking daily motor. But the enthusiasts want STs so can’t imagine they’ll get £2K for it. 
£500 maybe and only because of the current inflated market. 

20 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

The image was from here.

http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/Gallery_AEC RT.htm

AEC RT - LONDON TRANSPORT RT1790 - Photograph 3

This photograph was taken on Davids driveway of his house in  Heybridge, nr Maldon, Essex. David tells me that this bus was owned by Cooks boat yard in Maldon after LT and he got it from them.

Photograph © David Arnold

I thought it was taken in Harold Hill. I do not know why... Maybe it is because it is route 62.😁

7 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

The image was from here.

http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/Gallery_AEC RT.htm

I thought it was taken in Harold Hill. I do not know why... Maybe it is because it is route 62.😁

hah cool! I wonder if it was really kept there or if it was just parked there for the photograph? id like to think he actually kept it there :) "its my drive way and ill own an RT Damn it!"

as an aside I noticed the Routemaster listing is gone from Facebook wonder if it sold, or if it will be re-listed at a higher price?