eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

The Yellow Pages: the frustrating search for the book, Fly Fishing –  retrohen

'Hello, is that IBS Moped Holidays? Do you have any vacancies for the last week in July at all?

How 'JR Hartley' helped Yellow Pages shift perceptions: The making of the  UK's favourite ad of the 1980s

'You do? Wonderful!'

JR Hartley Advert - Yellow Pages - Advert Commercial - YouTube

'The name? Oh yes, it's Shartley. J R Shartley'

Image 1 - Vespa ET4

Vespa ET4 | eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385021941799?hash=item59a5189827%3Ag%3ArkEAAOSwuSFi2vaH&LH_Auction=1

s-l400.jpg.2fe0915b60acd74bd04bd3ecd85698c4.jpg

"The car was driving fine ad it never let her down. It needs a new ELV emulator they are roughly around £45. Am Nolan expert"

In Sheffield, given some of the housing in the background,

".Please also not that the the bonnet has been keyed and kids were jumping on it so there is som ding Dong's, "  

7 hours ago, egg said:

Oof, I like that very much. If I ever manage to buy my dream car storage barn then some unsuspecting supermini is getting set about with an angle grinder, welder and pipe bender :) .

http://www.opel-corsa-a.com/index_e.php?seite=Modelle/Umbauten/Gilbert_David/Tropica_e.htm

While I'm on the subject of Mk4/5 Fiestas, this one caught my eye:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284904052897?hash=item42559ad8a1:g:Ef0AAOSwAdJi2HTj

s-l500.jpg

Pretty unremarkable you'd think, except that a bit of detective work says it's (almost certainly) a 1.8TD. In the Fiesta it makes a pretty unremarkable 73bhp but in the Mondeo (and Focus Mk1?) it's fitted with an intercooler and slightly larger turbo and makes 90bhp, remappable to 115-120. Those parts can be fitted to the Fiesta easily enough. A boring looking Fiesta with 120 brake and shitloads of torque strikes me as a recipe for smiles, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to make it happen 🙄.

10 hours ago, Rave said:

While I'm on the subject of Mk4/5 Fiestas, this one caught my eye:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284904052897?hash=item42559ad8a1:g:Ef0AAOSwAdJi2HTj

s-l500.jpg

Pretty unremarkable you'd think, except that a bit of detective work says it's (almost certainly) a 1.8TD. In the Fiesta it makes a pretty unremarkable 73bhp but in the Mondeo (and Focus Mk1?) it's fitted with an intercooler and slightly larger turbo and makes 90bhp, remappable to 115-120. Those parts can be fitted to the Fiesta easily enough. A boring looking Fiesta with 120 brake and shitloads of torque strikes me as a recipe for smiles, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to make it happen 🙄.

Yeah that would be fun. Although I think one of the things that makes them fun is the lightweight petrol engine, so having this boat anchor in the front might spoil it a bit. 

Still, I like the sound of a diesel sleeper. But it's probably a bit crispy. 

2 hours ago, BeEP said:

This looks a great way to spend £1295.  They can even deliver...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5305818786138789

No photo description available.

no way thats only £1295?! thats gotta be a typo a missing 0, or some sort of scam?

@Yoss how do you feel like buying a Routemaster with me? LOL 

or at least someone stop me before I do something completely daft and @Six-cylinder has to figure out how a double decker bus materialised itself at the FoD...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265786473773?hash=item3de21bbd2d:g:7TkAAOSwSZBi1VX7

MK3 Fiesta with a peculiar wood (mondeo?) steering wheel.

Image 1 - FORD FIESTA FINESSE MK3 1993

Image 10 - FORD FIESTA FINESSE MK3 1993

Also, does anyone know what those metal pipes are above the exhaust manifold? I've never seen those on one of these engines before. They look like fuel rails for a diesel injector... but it's a petrol. Maybe some EGR system? 

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

no way thats only £1295?! thats gotta be a typo a missing 0, or some sort of scam?

@Yoss how do you feel like buying a Routemaster with me? LOL 

or at least someone stop me before I do something completely daft and @Six-cylinder has to figure out how a double decker bus materialised itself at the FoD...

Even with an extra 0 on the end that's still about half the price you'd expect even if it's a rough one. A shame there is no way of telling which one it is. The front indicators are neither original nor LT refurb, they look like something they had lying around. It also has the remains of an offside illuminated advert panel which makes me think it is unrefurbished so I am even more intrigued. 

14 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Even with an extra 0 on the end that's still about half the price you'd expect even if it's a rough one. A shame there is no way of telling which one it is. The front indicators are neither original nor LT refurb, they look like something they had lying around. It also has the remains of an offside illuminated advert panel which makes me think it is unrefurbished so I am even more intrigued. 

Yeah! the frontal indicators or side markers mounted bellow the head lamps almost give me a vibe of it spent some time abroad, you only normally see such additions on RM's that have spent time a long way from the UK/proper parts supply etc

thats a good point on the offside illuminated advert, makes me want it even more LOL

@busmansholiday would you have any idea on which RM it might be?

I just wish I knew if the price was genuine or not, because damn it, I have wanted a Routemaster since I was 5, I have wanted an RM of some kind as much as I have wanted an Invacar

but I have always just written it off as a pipe dream, as you say they are normally £20K-£40K and unless I literally win the lottery, no way I can afford that

but £1295, Ill pull that out of my arse for a Routemaster if I have to LOL

but then of course theres the question of where do you put the fucking thing and the whole upkeep and restoration of a bus is £LOL, but still damn it!

id be more then happy to a joint autoshite Routemaster venture LOL

but again the price must too good to be true, although I am tempted to message the seller ask a few questions, if he has any pictures of the inside and such incase that gives us any clues

(plus im interested to see if it still has tungsten lighting of course :) 

9 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yeah! the frontal indicators or side markers mounted bellow the head lamps almost give me a vibe of it spent some time abroad, you only normally see such additions on RM's that have spent time a long way from the UK/proper parts supply etc

thats a good point on the offside illuminated advert, makes me want it even more LOL

I just wish I knew if the price was genuine or not, because damn it, I have wanted a Routemaster since I was 5, I have wanted an RM of some kind as much as I have wanted an Invacar

but I have always just written it off as a pipe dream, as you say they are normally £20K-£40K and unless I literally win the lottery, no way I can afford that

but then of course theres the question of where do you put the fucking thing and the whole upkeep and restoration of a bus is £LOL, but still damn it!

but again the price must too good to be true, although I am tempted to message the seller ask a few questions, if he has any pictures of the inside and such incase that gives us any clues

If the price is right, it will already be sold. Also as you said yourself the purchase price will just be the start. You'll be paying that much every month for something or other from what little I can see in the pictures. 

I've decided if I ever do it again it has to be kept under cover as I was fighting just to keep the moss from growing in the beading and the windows turning green. And thay are not the easiest things to wash. Just turn up at your local Lithuanian hand car wash I suppose and see if they'll do it for a fiver. And of course it's red so it will pogweasel. And yet I've seen buses kept under cover that still look perfect after ten years so it really is the only way to go but expect to start at £100 a month for undercover storage, probably more. 

One day I'll retire to an old farm with lots of outbuildings, and then I'll think about it. It will be big enough for the  bus and several cars and a proper workshop and another barn just for the model railway. That's how I daydream most of my days away. 

35 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Ian's bus stop lists RM 1577 and RMs 1923 to 2121 as being built with illuminated adverts, but that was before LT swapped the bodies around, so yours, mine or @Yossguess is as good as anybodies. 

It is / was kept at Coach Services on the industrial estate to the north of Thetford 

3 hours ago, sdkrc said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/bmw-isetta-replica-micro-car-mini-bubble-car-villiers-tot-rod-project-classic-vintage/1437881774

Has a starter motor , a proper steering rack with drum brakes. The tyres apart from one have all got air in them... Engine turns over freely on the flywheel

Sadly, that seems to be sold now.

18 hours ago, morrisoxide said:

Morris 8

I'm not sure if the finger is supposed to be blocking the number plate or not?

Plus bonus shot of Kenith the local smack ed sparkin up in the back.

So it goes on Dope Street. 

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

If the price is right, it will already be sold. Also as you said yourself the purchase price will just be the start. You'll be paying that much every month for something or other from what little I can see in the pictures. 

I've decided if I ever do it again it has to be kept under cover as I was fighting just to keep the moss from growing in the beading and the windows turning green. And thay are not the easiest things to wash. Just turn up at your local Lithuanian hand car wash I suppose and see if they'll do it for a fiver. And of course it's red so it will pogweasel. And yet I've seen buses kept under cover that still look perfect after ten years so it really is the only way to go but expect to start at £100 a month for undercover storage, probably more. 

One day I'll retire to an old farm with lots of outbuildings, and then I'll think about it. It will be big enough for the  bus and several cars and a proper workshop and another barn just for the model railway. That's how I daydream most of my days away. 

I've sent the seller a message but suspect the price is missing at least one digit/it's sold/it's a scam.  In the unlikely event that none of the above are true I have plenty of outside storage FOC should one of you succumb to temptation!

3 minutes ago, BeEP said:

I've sent the seller a message but suspect the price is missing at least one digit/it's sold/it's a scam.  In the unlikely event that none of the above are true I have plenty of outside storage FOC should one of you succumb to temptation!

Good luck! 

38 minutes ago, BeEP said:

Thanks! it will be interesting to hear how it goes! :) 

and I appreciate the offer on storage! should somehow the stars magically align 

and we will fully ignore the fact that I am in and probably will never in any position both finically and physically to restore a Routemaster to road worthiness 

as im all too well aware that as @Yoss even if someone was to magically conjure up a Routemaster out of thin air,

just the up keep of a bus is a full time Job pretty much, except instead of getting paid a living wage, you get fined/docked a living wage LOL

and I cant even get a plastic 3 wheeler on the road, let alone a double decker bus

but its fun to think about what could be, (if my life was not such a mess!)

and who knows could always build a shed around it to keep it out of the elements LOL

and it would be foolish of me to not at least see if the option is magically there!