eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

May be an image of outdoors

1988 Renault 50 Series, Facebook Market Place.

I've owned this since 2018 and selling as I've got to many projects on the go. It's a great project for someone so Needs finishing. It's fitted with a 4ltr perkins diesel and 5 speed manual. which starts, runs, it would however have to be removed on a trailer or similar. Needs Interior and paint. I've got the paint. If you want it red. There's to much to list about this truck, but if your interested contact me for more information.'

Image 2 - DKW Auto Union 1000S 1961

DKW Auto Union 1000S 1961 | eBay

Fascinating* fact no 3,327: 'DKW Auto Union car'  is an anagram of 'auction dour wank'. If that's not a subliminal message telling you to buy it, I don't know what is.  

323 V6... very short MOT though, I think the seller meant to say 'weeks' rather than 'months'. Also has a few advisories for grot... could be a bit of a gamble, this one. Worth it? Quite possibly.

Image 1 - Mazda 323f zxi 2.0L V6 24v  VERY RARE CAR AND ENGINE and only 79k covered

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115468175383

On 18/07/2022 at 11:00, Soundwave said:

A bit rough and ready, but MOT'd until next March and when did you last see one?

May be an image of car and outdoors

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1193812541396265

Seems a good deal - I had to check that it wasn't F796 GVO, an identical car that was for sale sans MOT late last year for around £2k if I recall correctly. I don't think that one ran either, although it had a similarly sparse description.

10 minutes ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

Seems a good deal - I had to check that it wasn't F796 GVO, an identical car that was for sale sans MOT late last year for around £2k if I recall correctly. I don't think that one ran either, although it had a similarly sparse description.

My memory is fuzzy - F796 GVO is a manual car, and a different colour.

I saw it on Facebook Marketplace, but here is an Anglia Car Auctions link. I don't know if this came before or after the Facebook listing though...

41 minutes ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

I'm actually finding it hard to hate this. It's not my sort of thing, for sure, but it seems a fair enough reason to do it, and it seems reasonably well done.

But... where do you put the Things? Where does the luggage go?

4 hours ago, Wack said:

I can't think of a single worse bus to convert into a camper. 

They were horrible to drive. I've not driven a massive variety of buses but these were hands down the worst by a long way. 

Suspension? "No, we'll introduce that on the next model" 

Build quality. "No, none of that either" 

The ones I drove were ex London night buses and also had needles in the seats, which was nice. 

1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

They were horrible to drive. I've not driven a massive variety of buses but these were hands down the worst by a long way. 

The ones I drove were ex London night buses and also had needles in the seats, which was nice. 

Gutless as well.  I used to catch the bus to work about 20 years ago which involved going down a short stretch (a mile or so) of the A47.  When the bus was one of these, the driver would floor it up the slip road, an almighty whirring noise would start up from the back of the bus and we'd just about have hit 45 before it was time to brake for the roundabout.  When the bus was a Volvo B10, the driver would floor it up the slip road, the engine would growl for a few seconds and we'd be doing 50 before we even hit the main carriageway.

1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

There was one in the yard that I used to keep my bus in that had been converted to a camper. The front door had been replaced with white upvc double doors that you would normally find on a conservatory. That is all I can remember. It looked bloody awful. Obviously because Dart, but it looked even worse than a normal one. 

44 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Gutless as well.  I used to catch the bus to work about 20 years ago which involved going down a short stretch (a mile or so) of the A47.  When the bus was one of these, the driver would floor it up the slip road, an almighty whirring noise would start up from the back of the bus and we'd just about have hit 45 before it was time to brake for the roundabout.  When the bus was a Volvo B10, the driver would floor it up the slip road, the engine would growl for a few seconds and we'd be doing 50 before we even hit the main carriageway.

Think they're out with the year as the pic shows an N reg one (1995) and that's the original Reeves Burgess / Plaxton Pointer I body.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, HillmanImp said:

One too many Facebook 'CAN KOLLECT2 NITE M9'. 

'Fuck it, I'm just scrapping it to avoid dealing with these mouthbreathers'

Better than an empty threat. I've done it a few times when I've needed the money and the hand-wringers have gone 4K Walter Mitty on me. 

Sorry to invoke the sierraman clause, but if a bottom book car is in the way and everyone's taking the piss, the scrap man turns up on time and pays cash. 
A lack of COD means, if true, that it could be put back on the road, but it may well have been craned/strapped to get it up on high. 

If it was a J reg, then it of course HAS TO BE SAVED. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

As the Knack once sang  my my my my Verona ....(not mine). 42k miles and the most mid-90's jazzy seats that need to be put in a museum for 1996.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205155714604

5598c4ec3c8a468480a47359cf9c6793.jpg

1803be76f8604473a349187cb6e1bddb.jpg

When I worked at Ford Dunton, these were on the employee scheme and were super-cheap, I think it was at the time they were struggling to sell them. As a contractor I wasn't eligible but LOADS of people bought them, mainly in Aspen Green I think. Possibly the facelift bug-eye lights one, I can't remember.

Yes the seat cloth is a bit 50 Shades of Grey but overall I think they've aged well. I bet it's alright, this