eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I feel the urge to post this one here. I've had the search alert up for many years and this is the first time a first generation Infiniti Q45 came up. These were never sold over here but really were one of the main competitors of the LS400. It's a Q45a on top of that, which means it has active suspension which was a huge deal in 1989 when it came out. Mercedes only introduced something truly comparable a decade later.

Unfortunately it's a facelift which takes a lot away from the appeal for me, otherwise it would probably be mine now. Abysmal parts support as well, it doesn't look like you could get any shocks at all for it, let alone active suspension ones.

https://m.mobile.de/auto-inserat/infiniti-q45a-limousine-mit-vollausst-hydr-fahrwerk-münchen/347959672.html?searchId=a3e87a9d-3a75-4b65-fb79-b7b851a3b26b&type=eyecatcherAd

c73a3cc5-28ea-4b5d-879c-50a2bbc31f64.jpeg

3638d0ab-54b6-4b9f-918a-cdb96c3f3a77.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

It does look good... although the ad says MOT til 2023, the MOT checker has a different opinion. 

Screenshot_20220710-200016_Samsung Internet.jpg

Seems it has, indeed, no MOT. This was the last list of advisories:

Date tested9 July 2019

PASS

View test certificate

Mileage108,294 miles

MOT test number3045 2502 6476

Test location

View test location

Expiry date18 January 2021

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Nearside Front suspension strut top mount has slight play
  • Offside Front suspension strut top mount has slight play
  • Front Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing BOTH (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Front Coil spring corroded BOTH (5.3.1 (b) (i))
  • Rear Coil spring corroded BOTH (5.3.1 (b) (i))
  • Rear Wheel bearing has slight play BOTH (5.1.3 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge INNER EDGE (5.2.3 (e))
  • SMELL OF FUEL UNDER VEHICLE BUT NO SIGN OF ANY LEAKS

So it might be a car that's in need of a bit of work...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204033138586?hash=item2f81529f9a%3Ag%3A1NsAAOSw8IBiyrB5&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAkHdv0vdM0%2BDdSTVie9P%2BtTsRB74IS78ocdxVQLlY4yNvkRbN9sc8497%2FMyORdaR901292ND39%2Foj2a1Ps%2FSHs7scPVFtB5YYFgkmA3%2Fx5CLNd9jZq0zsSVykKyWha5ZrsjqXvfOzPd8KZ4U5M1Qm30cUI%2BWywCwVuV17Ihrdr%2FEzBcQ3mRqM0XZ1UDhIks4VOg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7aZrJ69YA&LH_Auction=1

724852268_s-l400(2).jpg.6ff95a4945f27647288c7217ad841d9f.jpg

"Car runs and drives superb, however whilst carrying out replacing injector seals my torx bit flew into the injector bore and into the pot.

Car hasn’t been started so everything is still fine, it simply needs the torx bit removing and the car is fine.

Will try to fish it out but if not then it will need head removing to gain access for which I don’t have the time. If I manage to remove it I may end the auction and remove from sale.

Such a shame as only bought a week ago as a second car and as I said drives and shifts really well and I would be using it as we speak if not for this freak accident."

A girl in front of a rusty old barge that set sail from Liverpool and is about to take on water and is doomed to eternal failure

Titanic': Did Rose Lose Her Virginity to Jack?

And a girl behind a rusty old barge that's setting sail from Liverpool and is about take on water and be doomed to eternal failure

Image 1 - Renault Megane  Convertible 2008  1.6 automatic low mileage 75k

Renault Megane Convertible 2008 1.6 automatic low mileage 75k | eBay

3 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

As if replacing Merc diesel injector seals was a freak accident.

22 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Erm...

is it because of the fact he said he has used it on trade plates for 14 years but its MOT expired only a few years ago?

if so thats because trade plates are only allow you to get away with not having to tax the vehicle (although you still have to tax the trade plate!), it does not exempt a vehicle from the requirement of an MOT, so he would of had to have kept on top of his MOT's regardless of the trade plates

otherwise im guessing you are not tagging me because the model name is vaguely similar to the brand name Osram uses for its incandescent reflector lamps are you?

image.png.bbb88d97365d0a85d0ba0f257b80f0a4.png

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

Erm...

is it because of the fact he said he has used it on trade plates for 14 years but its MOT expired only a few years ago?

if so thats because trade plates are only allow you to get away with not having to tax the vehicle, it does not exempt a vehicle from the requirement of an MOT!

im guessing you are not tagging me because the model name is vaguely similar to the brand name Osram uses for its incandescent reflector lamps are you?

image.png.bbb88d97365d0a85d0ba0f257b80f0a4.png

No, read what some prat at the DVLA have put down as it's make...