eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

19 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Wait, what? Thought Huggy had a good home.

So did I, but apparently it wasn't for long.  Anybody want to welcome him back into the fold?

Thought not.  Never mind.

I actually would, but I don't have the cash.  Yes I know there's plenty wrong with him, but at least I know what most of it is.

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

Wait, what? Thought Huggy had a good home.

Think it transpired not to be suitable to transport the family due to the ongoing rot and more suited for a rolling restoration. Don't get me wrong it deserves love, but these things are pretty undesirable at the moment with fuel costs! 

(Even more undesirable than a certain white Renault Espace! 😉)

Huggy needs £5-10ks worth of welding, possibly more. There are very few people who are willing to do that sort of work and fewer still who will do it to a high standard and actually finish the job. It would also take an extremely long time to fix it up. 

If you've got that sorta money (a few £k to buy it and the readies to have someone good weld it), you'd probably just be going for an unfucked caddy for closer to £10k. 

I think HMC deserves a purple heart for taking it on and then another medal for managing to sell it. It's about as automotively niche as you could possibly get and with fuel at this price it's even more niche. 

11 hours ago, cort16 said:

"Currently running around 400hp."

s-l1600.jpg

Thats a big turbo

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125406100430?hash=item1d32c93bce:g:1WcAAOSwS5tiwbgh

Top marks for the sheer bloody-mindedness needed to go to that much effort to have 400hp... going through the front wheels of a fucking Vectra.

Also, the bonnet raisers look absolutely awful on a car whose bonnet is designed to flow into the mirrors!

I bet it puts the power down really effectively too.

1 minute ago, Rustybullethole said:

I keep going back to the blue to look at that. Am sorely tempted and one’s just left the fleet….

it's very cool and I don't think overly offensively priced if it's solid.

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Top marks for the sheer bloody-mindedness needed to go to that much effort to have 400hp... going through the front wheels of a fucking Vectra.

Also, the bonnet raisers look absolutely awful on a car whose bonnet is designed to flow into the mirrors!

They were all over the shop with the standard 2.5 V6, it would be just unusable at 400bhp. A fundamentally poor platform to modify a car from... 🤣

11 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Think it transpired not to be suitable to transport the family due to the ongoing rot and more suited for a rolling restoration. Don't get me wrong it deserves love, but these things are pretty undesirable at the moment with fuel costs! 

(Even more undesirable than a certain white Renault Espace! 😉)

I think it looks ace as it is, it just has that serial killer look about it, you can almost picture that chap with the leather mask from Halloween driving it. I’d just glassfibre the holes when absolutely necessary. 

On 7/6/2022 at 5:53 PM, Schaefft said:

Ah, a Dynasty, peak obscurity right there. A friend of mine owns a '90, this blue one is in way better shape though!

Whats stopping you?

I'm going to take a look at some point, storage is my issue! 

3 hours ago, Supernaut said:

it has got a SAAB LSD in it but with my experience of FWD cars with an LSD it can make drivability worse.

24 minutes ago, cort16 said:

it has got a SAAB LSD in it but with my experience of FWD cars with an LSD it can make drivability worse.

It depends what you mean by driveability. Power-on understeer will be worse, but more predictable. Power-off oversteer will be less, and also more predictable. Traction ofc will be better.  Getting the slip right is the tricky bit.

25 minutes ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

It depends what you mean by driveability. Power-on understeer will be worse, but more predictable. Power-off oversteer will be less, and also more predictable. Traction ofc will be better.  Getting the slip right is the tricky bit.

If you floor my Megane with the LSD if you don't have your wits about you it'll drive you straight off the road.

5 hours ago, egg said:

14k miles, £15k. But 4x4.....

thinking about this, this is almost my perfect Sierra, in real life English roads I'd take this over the Cossie. It's got the very late dash and with the lazy Twin Cam is very easy to drive, but no tail happy charlie in the wet. If it had the optional air con and CD player then it would be perfect