eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

21 hours ago, MrBiscuits said:

T series - the one that always leaked oil from the head gasket. 

Can't imagine it was very lively or economical dragging a Disco around

I don't think there is an economical way of dragging a Disco around. I had one as a company car for a while in the late 90s, with the TDi300 lump, and I used to average 8-9mpg on a motorway run.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:38 PM, Austat said:

The good news is the bonnet hasn't rusted because it is aluminium, the roof because it is grp, the bumpers because they are stainless steel and the glass because it is glass. The rest is expensive to replace - ask me how I know :)

1 hour ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

I don't think there is an economical way of dragging a Disco around. I had one as a company car for a while in the late 90s, with the TDi300 lump, and I used to average 8-9mpg on a motorway run.

Must have had a hole in the tank!  My 300 Tdi used to do a solid 29/30mpg everywhere.  Wish I hadn't sold it, but the rust was creeping in :(

The economical way of dragging a disco about is on the back of an AA truck after it has broken down (again)

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

One of the bosses where I worked had a V8 Disco. Only car I’ve ever been in where you can actually see the fuel gauge move.

13 hours ago, Rusty_Rocket said:

Must have had a hole in the tank!  My 300 Tdi used to do a solid 29/30mpg everywhere.  Wish I hadn't sold it, but the rust was creeping in :(

No, just lead in my right shoe. I was doing length-of-country motorway runs at 85-95 (indicated) mph, and even around town I would stamp on the throttle pedal like I was trying to put my foot through the floor. Given the aerodynamics of these things, 8-9mpg seems about right.

Friggin hell a Cadillac Allante. 

This is one of these cars that looks great from some angles

c3229f6c50cb42d9a5cf50109da51ce4.jpg

And not so great from others.  I wonder what it would look like with a W129 rear lights and panel rather than those horrors?

db00d9d2654e4005bfc41c0a1da27ab7.jpg

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107014492708