eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Image 2 -  Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair

Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair | eBay

'A rotten, musty old shit tip that's far beyond its (alleged) glory days. You'd probably catch a tropical disease just by setting foot in the wanky old abandoned looking dump. But that's enough about Rhyl, here we have my Morris Minor 1000...' 

44 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Image 2 -  Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair

Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair | eBay

'A rotten, musty old shit tip that's far beyond its (alleged) glory days. You'd probably catch a tropical disease just by setting foot in the wanky old abandoned looking dump. But that's enough about Rhyl, here we have my Morris Minor 1000...' 

massage for a price

Minus points for not being arsed to open the door to photograph the interior...

Image 1 - Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 spares or repairs

Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 spares or repairs | eBay

Plus points for having a collage of Inspector Gadget sneaking up on a black panther... 

Image 5 - Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 spares or repairs

6 hours ago, barrett said:

Argh! MY previously-spotted used-to-live-around-the-corner Estelle is now for sale on marketplace!!!

289190436_3226570817612017_6735199069782

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/435285711748028/

Up for a not unreasonable £2k, but I do wonder what I could have got it for last year if I'd left a note on it, as planned (assuming it's changed hands since then). Also, one owner and 30k! I wish I had some money because it looks great. It's also exactly one year younger than I am.

Ooooh I like that a lot.  Wonder how much work it needs

Is that the correct interior for a 130 @Yoss ?

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

Ooooh I like that a lot.  Wonder how much work it needs

Is that the correct interior for a 130 @Yoss ?

I think so, there were a few different types. The later 130s had the 'doppler effect' seats from the Rapid (but still with separate headrests unlike the Rapid which had sporty* built in headrests). Then there was a pinstripe effect and beige. 

That looks lovely, if I hadn't just spent a similar amount on the Favorit VRS (as I'm now calling it) I would be very tempted. Does seem a good price these days, though I would be a bit disappointed to end up with a white one when they came in so many fantastic real colours. 

20 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Sure, but the only online references are to those 3 door ones. Flanks look so different on that 5dr. Wasn't there another coachbuilder, between those 2? 

Friary used to do the vexhill cresta EST conversions, but now you mention it I think there was, I'm more a 70's guy than the earlier stuff.

Carbodies of Coventry used to do this sort of stuff too they built the triumph 2000/2500 ests & the Mk5 cortina convertibles too.

Woodhall Nicholson like Colman Milne did ford based Funeral cars at least from around the early 60's & hooper's did some MK3 zodiac (luxury upgrades ) possibly mk4's too.

Have to have a think.

4 hours ago, cort16 said:

For sale picture of the week goes to..

I'd be interested to hear if anyone who doesn't or hasn't live in Scotland can figure out the description. 

289409076_5029949347073631_3100073000632

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/428962365754269

@RoverFolkUs... fancy a go? 🤣

An Vectra. I really do like these things... even if saying such a thing may get you killed around here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325235683257

s-l1600.jpg

12 months MOT, fuel tank just started leaking when I filled up.

In the current climate of high fuel prices, I see this as a mild inconvenience at best. Canny afford to fill the bastarding thing up anyway.

3 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

An Vectra. I really do like these things... even if saying such a thing may get you killed around here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325235683257

s-l1600.jpg

In the current climate of high fuel prices, I see this as a mild inconvenience at best. Canny afford to fill the bastarding thing up anyway.

Just now, RoverFolkUs said:

Due to the current economic climate, I regret to confirm that I shall not be commencing any new business ventures related to hairdressing, alas such a steed would be surplus to requirements...

image.png.65e1e8b339c6b3abd2ac792fc43349e3.png

🙃😁

Ok that's a bit spooky, we both said pretty much the same thing there (climate) on different subjects! :D

52 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I think so, there were a few different types. The later 130s had the 'doppler effect' seats from the Rapid (but still with separate headrests unlike the Rapid which had sporty* built in headrests). Then there was a pinstripe effect and beige. 

That looks lovely, if I hadn't just spent a similar amount on the Favorit VRS (as I'm now calling it) I would be very tempted. Does seem a good price these days, though I would be a bit disappointed to end up with a white one when they came in so many fantastic real colours. 

thanks. yeah its very true about the colour but does seem a good price, although dragging another un MOTd Non ULEZ car to London won't make me popular at home.  would really love one though 

6 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

thanks. yeah its very true about the colour but does seem a good price, although dragging another un MOTd Non ULEZ car to London won't make me popular at home.  would really love one though 

The 130 is the one to have. Has the same revised suspension as the Rapid so handles* like a 911 allegedly. And a 5 speed gearbox for relaxed* cruising. It's all relative obviously. 

8 hours ago, barrett said:

Argh! MY previously-spotted used-to-live-around-the-corner Estelle is now for sale on marketplace!!!

289190436_3226570817612017_6735199069782

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/435285711748028/

Up for a not unreasonable £2k, but I do wonder what I could have got it for last year if I'd left a note on it, as planned (assuming it's changed hands since then). Also, one owner and 30k! I wish I had some money because it looks great. It's also exactly one year younger than I am.

was it in use when you knew of it @barrett or has it been off road a while? 

27 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

was it in use when you knew of it @barrett or has it been off road a while? 

Off the road for about 8 years I think, but I have never seen it in use in all the time I've lived here - it only appeared once recently, dragged out of the garage when they were having some work done on the house. It's possible the owners haven't lived here for that long, but even when it was 'on the road' I never saw it out, and I think I would have done if it was being used. Here's my pic showing the whole reg if you want to look it up.

20200812_090825.jpg.4d77d30f335f343cfe14bdca26bcf14d.thumb.jpg.351cce1e287ca9f6a9cdc6ad4ee7c2a9.jpg

11 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Would be interested to know, if you come up with anything. Of course, it could be a solitary one-off, but if so appears to have been done well.

iirc this thing is a relatively recent confection by a private owner, not a period conversion. I think the roof is Mk1 Cortina but I could be wrong. The biggest giveaway is the shape of the boot lid and rear window. If that was a '60s job the boot would be much cruder, and certainly wouldn't go down into the rear panel under the boot shut of the saloon (difficult to explain, but if you look at the 'official' estates they use a modified standard bootlid with no extra cutting to the shell) and also it's highly unlikely the rear window glass would be curved if this was a '60s conversion. There was some info floating about the web on this car years ago (I have some pictures saved of it) but I can't seem to find it anymore annoyingly.

ford-consul-classic-1600x1200.thumb.jpg.34aef3184b1eb48df3538f26f87dbd9d.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.4c118f731b0af42833d38e0bf94d192b.jpg

12 minutes ago, barrett said:

Off the road for about 8 years I think, but I have never seen it in use in all the time I've lived here - it only appeared once recently, dragged out of the garage when they were having some work done on the house. It's possible the owners haven't lived here for that long, but even when it was 'on the road' I never saw it out, and I think I would have done if it was being used. Here's my pic showing the whole reg if you want to look it up.

20200812_090825.jpg.4d77d30f335f343cfe14bdca26bcf14d.thumb.jpg.351cce1e287ca9f6a9cdc6ad4ee7c2a9.jpg

Cheers , definitely tempting given its a 130 but reckon its going to need a fair bit of time and dosh chucking at it

22 hours ago, cort16 said:

For sale picture of the week goes to..

I'd be interested to hear if anyone who doesn't or hasn't live in Scotland can figure out the description. 

289409076_5029949347073631_3100073000632

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/428962365754269

The location map for this however is highly accurate, given the levels of precipitation in the image.

1741788415_Screenshot2022-06-21at15_16_33.thumb.png.bb89b0f867f9c3dc73f1f05f45cc0fd8.png