eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 hours ago, SiC said:

This was something I was bidding on. Looking at his history, it previously finished on eBay at £1770. Unfortunately it looks like the auction was pulled early as presumably sold out of eBay. 

Pretty much exactly what I am after. For £800 odd more than that Fabia, you get a whole lot more modern car for your money. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115422420135

Those Ibizas do seem pretty cheap for what they are, considering their popularity I still see them as 3 grand cars, especially when MK5 Polos are still firmly above £3k and from the same platform

37 minutes ago, barrett said:

Loks amazing doesn't it. I reckon it's not been touched for 30 years by the look of it, so seems likely it would still have the 875 in, no? And don't those bits on the pass seat look Impy to you (you know more than I do in that respect)? Doesn't seem like loads of money to me for such an un-messed with example.

Yeah, looks like a block and head not attached to each other to me. 

There's a nearly completed one for £10k in Facebook though that looks good value for money. Probably cheaper than this in the long run. Can't find the link at the moment. 

2 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Didn't think they were doing EST conversions that early, Farnham were the ford EST convertors, but there were quite a few coach builders still around at that time. So could've been one of many.

Sure, but the only online references are to those 3 door ones. Flanks look so different on that 5dr. Wasn't there another coachbuilder, between those 2? 

On 6/18/2022 at 6:41 PM, sdkrc said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1996-mercedes-220d-manual-4-door-saloon/1435303496

£1195 is the new £695. Get out of the way old man, it's the inflation train and no one's driving

Screenshot_2022-06-18-18-40-21-56_d729ab80d3e27b5d0fac359b8b5ee13d.thumb.jpg.679c7a4711b0bb2e1708ec065d7f6dd8.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-18-18-40-36-31_d729ab80d3e27b5d0fac359b8b5ee13d.jpg

I'm not so sure, it's a derv in excellent condition, under 100k (just) and looks reasonable VALU to me even pre pandemic. 

Someone was selling a petrol one on here that didn't look that great for around the same a few months ago. 

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Those Ibizas do seem pretty cheap for what they are, considering their popularity I still see them as 3 grand cars, especially when MK5 Polos are still firmly above £3k and from the same platform

Polos are a bit like the Golf. They have a wide demographic that know the name and what they look like. Whether it's your first driver, granny or even family who doesn't care about cars but wants small vehicle. Thus demand always us high. The Fabia have their own following too. 

However with the Ibiza, they are aimed at the young market who wants a "sporty" first car. When they can get insurance to move away from a lackluster, humdrum engine, they do. So most other buyers must forget about them.

That's sort of the reasons I figure why they aren't worth much. Like this one I saw come up and took a good few days to sell:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/591199772288188/

Bit too far for me to see it, so didn't. But looked a decent modern car for not a lot. 

Argh! MY previously-spotted used-to-live-around-the-corner Estelle is now for sale on marketplace!!!

289190436_3226570817612017_6735199069782

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/435285711748028/

Up for a not unreasonable £2k, but I do wonder what I could have got it for last year if I'd left a note on it, as planned (assuming it's changed hands since then). Also, one owner and 30k! I wish I had some money because it looks great. It's also exactly one year younger than I am.

2 minutes ago, cort16 said:

For sale picture of the week goes to..

I'd be interested to hear if anyone who doesn't or hasn't live in Scotland can figure out the description. 

289409076_5029949347073631_3100073000632

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/428962365754269

Cars got an oil leak as the boi a got it off got wrong sealer fir sump plate easy fix long mot 18 20v turbo every thing works sep the cd player no got the code for it

"The car has an oil leak as the previous owner used the wrong seal for the sump, however repairing this will be easy. It has a long MOT, 1.8 20 valve turbo engine. Everything works except the CD player as I unfortunately do not have the code to activate it."

8 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

Cars got an oil leak as the boi a got it off got wrong sealer fir sump plate easy fix long mot 18 20v turbo every thing works sep the cd player no got the code for it

"The car has an oil leak as the previous owner used the wrong seal for the sump, however repairing this will be easy. It has a long MOT, 1.8 20 valve turbo engine. Everything works except the CD player as I unfortunately do not have the code to activate it."

Well done you win a virtual bag of highland toffees.

Image 2 -  Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair

Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair | eBay

'A rotten, musty old shit tip that's far beyond its (alleged) glory days. You'd probably catch a tropical disease just by setting foot in the wanky old abandoned looking dump. But that's enough about Rhyl, here we have my Morris Minor 1000...' 

44 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Image 2 -  Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair

Morris Minor Saloon 1000cc spare parts or repair | eBay

'A rotten, musty old shit tip that's far beyond its (alleged) glory days. You'd probably catch a tropical disease just by setting foot in the wanky old abandoned looking dump. But that's enough about Rhyl, here we have my Morris Minor 1000...' 

massage for a price

Minus points for not being arsed to open the door to photograph the interior...

Image 1 - Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 spares or repairs

Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 spares or repairs | eBay

Plus points for having a collage of Inspector Gadget sneaking up on a black panther... 

Image 5 - Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 spares or repairs

6 hours ago, barrett said:

Argh! MY previously-spotted used-to-live-around-the-corner Estelle is now for sale on marketplace!!!

289190436_3226570817612017_6735199069782

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/435285711748028/

Up for a not unreasonable £2k, but I do wonder what I could have got it for last year if I'd left a note on it, as planned (assuming it's changed hands since then). Also, one owner and 30k! I wish I had some money because it looks great. It's also exactly one year younger than I am.

Ooooh I like that a lot.  Wonder how much work it needs

Is that the correct interior for a 130 @Yoss ?

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

Ooooh I like that a lot.  Wonder how much work it needs

Is that the correct interior for a 130 @Yoss ?

I think so, there were a few different types. The later 130s had the 'doppler effect' seats from the Rapid (but still with separate headrests unlike the Rapid which had sporty* built in headrests). Then there was a pinstripe effect and beige. 

That looks lovely, if I hadn't just spent a similar amount on the Favorit VRS (as I'm now calling it) I would be very tempted. Does seem a good price these days, though I would be a bit disappointed to end up with a white one when they came in so many fantastic real colours. 

20 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Sure, but the only online references are to those 3 door ones. Flanks look so different on that 5dr. Wasn't there another coachbuilder, between those 2? 

Friary used to do the vexhill cresta EST conversions, but now you mention it I think there was, I'm more a 70's guy than the earlier stuff.

Carbodies of Coventry used to do this sort of stuff too they built the triumph 2000/2500 ests & the Mk5 cortina convertibles too.

Woodhall Nicholson like Colman Milne did ford based Funeral cars at least from around the early 60's & hooper's did some MK3 zodiac (luxury upgrades ) possibly mk4's too.

Have to have a think.

4 hours ago, cort16 said:

For sale picture of the week goes to..

I'd be interested to hear if anyone who doesn't or hasn't live in Scotland can figure out the description. 

289409076_5029949347073631_3100073000632

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/428962365754269

@RoverFolkUs... fancy a go? 🤣

An Vectra. I really do like these things... even if saying such a thing may get you killed around here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325235683257

s-l1600.jpg

12 months MOT, fuel tank just started leaking when I filled up.

In the current climate of high fuel prices, I see this as a mild inconvenience at best. Canny afford to fill the bastarding thing up anyway.

3 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

An Vectra. I really do like these things... even if saying such a thing may get you killed around here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325235683257

s-l1600.jpg

In the current climate of high fuel prices, I see this as a mild inconvenience at best. Canny afford to fill the bastarding thing up anyway.

Just now, RoverFolkUs said:

Due to the current economic climate, I regret to confirm that I shall not be commencing any new business ventures related to hairdressing, alas such a steed would be surplus to requirements...

image.png.65e1e8b339c6b3abd2ac792fc43349e3.png

🙃😁

Ok that's a bit spooky, we both said pretty much the same thing there (climate) on different subjects! :D