eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

6 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Pre-facelift Xsara. Always had a weird fondness for these.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205266187905

Image 4 of 4

Lovely cars the pre facelifts. Nicely proportioned. Used to be on owned by a lady across the street from me,  Think their biggest issue was that the Mk1 Focus came out at the same kinda time and it instantly just made everything else in that sector look old fashioned. The facelift looked like a desperate attempt to introduce some shock factor.... kinda ruined the lines. The pre facelift has aged really nicely.

3 hours ago, MisterH said:

I'm sure it's been said here before, but there's more than a few chancers about who seem to think that rarity equals desirability.

28 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I'm sure it's been said here before, but there's more than a few chancers about who seem to think that rarity equals desirability.

Oh I have no doubt he's a bit of a wannabe trader, description shows that he probably knows little about the car unfortunately. That will be kicking around for a while

3 hours ago, MisterH said:

Oh I have no doubt he's a bit of a wannabe trader, description shows that he probably knows little about the car unfortunately. That will be kicking around for a while

It will snapped up very quickly - it's a very  straight low milage Sunbeam shell that needs minor work - its value is in its huge potential as a historic rally car base rather than it being a plain Jane Sunbeam 1.0. The car is being sold in North Wales - they fully know what and how the car will be used.  5k is pretty reasonable these days for a low milage Sunbeam for the rally boys.

images (12).jpeg

7 hours ago, ProgRocker said:

Cortina mark 3 estate currently up to £6,102.

Image 3 - Ford Cortina Mk3 2.0 Estate complete with a good transferable reg number

phase 1 mark 3 2.0 estate

5 hours ago, cort16 said:

I think it’s the plate driving up the price of this . 

it will be one to watch for sure

because the DVLA have (thankfully) tightened things up with regards to the ability to rob a historic vehicle of its plate

for example regardless of the MOT exemption status of a vehicle with the DVSA, the DVLA require any historic vehicle that is being robbed of its plate to have a current MOT (and imagine if its been laid up for 40 years like the above, also an inspection)

so yeah good luck to the would be plate robbers! although I do wonder if this will magically gain a current MOT about 3 days after the auction ends LOL so yeah, again one to watch...

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

it will be one to watch for sure

because the DVLA have (thankfully) tightened things up with regards to the ability to rob a historic vehicle of its plate

for example regardless of the MOT exemption status of a vehicle with the DVSA, the DVLA require any historic vehicle that is being robbed of its plate to have a current MOT (and imagine if its been laid up for 40 years like the above, also an inspection)

so yeah good luck to the would be plate robbers! although I do wonder if this will magically gain a current MOT about 3 days after the auction ends LOL so yeah, again one to watch...

People say this, but I don't think it makes any difference in reality. We sold a car last year with a valuable plate on it and there was zero chance of it having an MoT without a full restoration, but the plate was taken off straight away and is now on retention. I'm not sure if somebody put a dodgy MoT on it or there is some other loophole in place.