eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 5/25/2022 at 5:33 PM, SteersWithThrottle said:

I never at any point said they were awkward.

Having never driven a Berlingo, I can't say what differences if any there are between one and the Peugeot Partner I drove. What I can say is that the gearchange was like stirring a bagful of spanners in treacle, the clutch, brake, and accelerator pedals felt like they were connected using sponge cake, and the steering seemed to be via a steering box made from lego.

The most annoying thing however (apart from the 62mph speed limiter and g-sensor/tracker/fucking back seat driver fitted by An Northern Council) was the complete lack of any adjustment for the driver's seat, which I find utterly unconscionable, and extremely uncomfortable.

Our VW Transporters are a much better drive, a Fiesta Mk3 diesel van was pretty good, though had a weirdly low ride height, resulting in several encounters with Fleet Enforcement querying the load level, the Corsa E van that replaced the Fiesta is a nice little thing, though it takes forever to warm the engine up, and many people liked the Transit Connects we used to have, including me.

I've also driven both petrol and diesel Transit Mk3 and 4s, Merc Sprinters, ERF C and E series trucks, LDV vans, Astra vans, even an Iveco Luton body when I helped the SIL move house, pretty sure the Partner is the worst of the lot.

Well I can't argue with that description other than to say you must have been really unlucky and ended up with a total wrongun. 

I've had 2 now and maybe driven 5 more and while I agree with the steering thing ( bit of a tadts) I found/find the rest of the controls really good but then maybe I've been lucky? 

Can't fault any of the other vans on your list though, but then I do love a van 😂😂

3 hours ago, New POD said:

Did everyone's dad own one ? Did they win some rallies ?  Did you fuck your first girlfriend in the back seat of one? Take all your mates camping in Cornwall, and drive back with no brakes ? Did you learn to donut in the school field in one? Did your mate roll one into a field, and get it back on the road within a week ? 

Or did the bastard landlord of the pub have one to take his growling dog to the park.? Which he bought 7th hand. The first owner being a factory owner from Wigan and the other 5 being unable to afford an oil change? 

🤣🤣🤣

Awesome. 

My mate had a Mk2 cavalier 1.6d in that off red colour they all seemed to come in on an E plate. We drove off to Oxford for the Ford fair, me in my mums fiesta auto which was my only working car, a few others in convoy and my mate in the Mk2. As we pulled out of Swansea one of the lads asked him if he could pick this girl up called Lisa which he happily did as she was fat and single and a bit of a girl, exactly his type. Trouble was she  lived on quite a steep hill and he boiled the brakes on the cavvy going downhill. 

Balls. 

OK, let's think about what we're going to do, perhaps phone the AA, try bleeding them etc but when she came out of her house squeezed into her very tight black jeans with a clear view of the undercrackers he claimed the brakes were suddenly OK. 

Drove all the way to Oxford and he admitted he'd had to pump them most of the way if he had to brake hard but the temptation of young Lisa was too much. 

Still, he had a good evening with her as I did with my mrs of the time..... 

And someone rolled a car in the camping field.... 

And we managed to drift my mums auto fiesta.... 

Without a Mk2 jag in sight 😉😉😉

This lives a few doors down from me and is a clean little thing. I don't know the lad but I've always liked the look of the car.

His advert is a bit shite - the hardtop isn't shown but is ready to bolt on, albeit a different colour. I've no idea on values now as we sold our fourth mk1 a few years back now. It looks sound for £3k. I reckon he'd flex on price too as a newish Kia thing has recently appeared so I bet he'd prefer the £££ in his account rather than the Mazda sitting around... I could probably squeeze it onto my drive for a couple of weeks if required. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/371014021532398/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_20220528-145802_Facebook.jpg

Nissan 200 SX Silvia Convertible.

Conversion into a convertible by American Custom Coachworks of  Beverly Hills. Imported into Austria in 1981  by the official Datsun importer for Austria. Mainly being used as a display car. Hence the low mileage.

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauchtwagen/d/auto/nissan-200-sx-neuwagen-1690km-datsun-200sx-silvia-convertible-561939202/

Bild 1 von 24

Bild 9 von 24

Bild 6 von 24

11 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

That's going to be barmy with a 2ZZ up front. What a weapon. 

It's interesting, though would be better with a PSA upgrade instead of a Toyota imo. Shame about the drug dealer number plate, kind of hints where the money to do it all came from.

11 hours ago, 11001010 said:

Ooooh that's a cracker. 

We're looking to move to Europe in the next 2 years or so, most likely Spain or Portugal. Is it still the case out there that you can buy a car from anywhere in the bloc and re-register it quite easily? 

A friend of mine used to do this frequently as he reckoned older cars were way cheaper in Germany than in Portugal where he lived. As he worked offshore he'd simply fly into Germany from the rig, but the pre-agreed car and drive it home over a few days/sometimes "a 1'nner" depending upon where in Germany it was but I've lost touch with him. 

6 minutes ago, 11001010 said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205266189572

GREAT FOR VETS OR CHILD NURSERY OR PET SHOP ET CETERA 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, D.E said:

That's one way to hide rust around the filler cap...

Legend has it that the rabbit fur is now structurally integral to the car.