eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 5/24/2022 at 1:21 PM, barrett said:

Slightly sad to see this in a yard. Used to be a local feature near me, on a big wide quiet road with free parking which was something of a magnet for camper vans as they could be left undisturbed for long periods. Some were live-in vans, others just campers belonging to Brightonians who needed somewhere to park them. Sadly some of the residents of this (very posh) street took offence to this and there was an organised, targeted attack of vandalism against them - mostly some pretty bad graffiti ('MOVE YOUR FUCKING VAN' in huge letters down the side of one). That Blitz actually got off quite lightly - I can only assume that 'SLF' stands for 'Surrenden Liberation Front' which should demonstrate that this was the work of upper-middle class older people undertaking an act of class war against people below their social standing rather than a bunch of local bored kids.

Anyway, the council has now put in some totally bizarre parking regulations (presumably after much campaigning by residents) which means its still free to park there, except for a two-hour window in the middle of the day, when it's resident permit parking only. Which seems like a fantastically insidious way of 'moving on' live-in vans. All very depressing NIMBYism which seems to be prevalent in my supposedly liberal and accepting city.

I find Brighton one of the worst places in Britain for many reasons, possibly because my sister lives there, but one of the main reasons for dislike is parking, it's fucking dreadful........

And the way people treat anyone without a London twang as literally knowing nothing about the world. Gets very tiresome very quickly hence we haven't been in years. Used to like the lanes area and the seafront is OK but the underbelly at night /early evening in arcades and so on was very off putting when our son was young. Not a place for me however judging by the rate her god awful flat has increased in value over the last few years I maybe in a minority in that respect. 

21 hours ago, Austat said:

many years ago when i was a kid, our neighbours had a C reg one of those in that colour which got replaced by an identical E reg one.  Only reason i remember this is because the Mother of the family invited everyone in the cul-de-sac to come and see their new (to them) car which at the time we all found rather odd 

18 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Spain: Talbot Horizon.

1986. 1000€ 189000km. Diesel. Does have a  current Spanish roadworthiness test. (ITV)

https://es.wallapop.com/item/talbot-horizon-1986-779340200

https://cdn.wallapop.com/images/10420/cv/zy/__/c10420p779340200/i2610688607.jpg?pictureSize=W640

talbot horizon 1986

Poor thing.:sad:

I am in Spain right now so I can drive this back for some lucky* owner. Particularly as my family are doing my head in and a 20-hour drive home in this seems positively luxurious from where I am. 

Also, I might get to find out why it's been fitted with a draught excluder. 

13 minutes ago, grogee said:

Also, I might get to find out why it's been fitted with a draught excluder. 

That is why Hamilton went faster in the Spanish GP last weekend. Those tassels really work.

BTW the car is up North in Basque country so not that far from the ferry ports to the UK.