eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

11 hours ago, garethj said:

750cc Sidevalve, which would convert nicely into a hillclimb special car or you could rip the sidevalve out and drop in a 998 A series without too much pissing about.

16 hours ago, Flat4 said:

This seller has given us all sorts of useless information about their "jeep" but no where in the body of the advert have they told us the make and model! 😆 Took me looking at the pictures and the name on the boot lid to work it out!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/£5kspent-rare-coil-spring-3own-no-audi-bmw-vw-ford-honda-mercedes-nissan-4x4-landcruiser/1387562500

And wtf is that title all about???

"Can deliver for fuel and food money" 

The cheeky git, food!?? Shall the purchaser be bound to pay for a night stay in the hotel and an overnight kennel stay for aforementioned dog as well 😂

Basically they know it's horrifically overpriced hence listing it for £777 but putting their real price of £7999 right at the bottom after all the other sales pap somehow makes it more desirable I suppose .... 🤔

On 5/21/2022 at 1:52 PM, SteersWithThrottle said:

Could be worse... we had one in our department at An Northern Council, in which the department manager's son had spilt diesel while he was stealing it (the diesel, not the van). Three or four years later it still smells a bit, though nowhere near as bad as it used to, but fortunately it's moved sideways to a different department as well.

Fortunate for two reasons; the smell, and the fact that this is one of the worst vehicles I have ever had the misfortune to drive, in terms of the controls and driveability. Even a Mk1 Corsa Combo is better. Probably even Iv*co's are better.

Utter rubbish everyone knows berlingos are the best small vans bar none. 

How on earth did you find the controls awkward? They're one of the easiest cars to navigate!! Same layout as any normal European  car for the last 30 years? 

Not knocking a combo either, they're ace. 

1 hour ago, 11001010 said:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/2166979075.htm

...2-tone siren and rotating beacon...

...Sold with ambulance equipment (stretcher, etc...) but WITHOUT the model...

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

would make a great camper..........but the fact its an espace makes it a firm Non from moi!!

4 hours ago, vaughant said:

Utter rubbish everyone knows berlingos are the best small vans bar none. 

How on earth did you find the controls awkward? They're one of the easiest cars to navigate!! Same layout as any normal European  car for the last 30 years? 

Not knocking a combo either, they're ace. 

I never at any point said they were awkward.

Having never driven a Berlingo, I can't say what differences if any there are between one and the Peugeot Partner I drove. What I can say is that the gearchange was like stirring a bagful of spanners in treacle, the clutch, brake, and accelerator pedals felt like they were connected using sponge cake, and the steering seemed to be via a steering box made from lego.

The most annoying thing however (apart from the 62mph speed limiter and g-sensor/tracker/fucking back seat driver fitted by An Northern Council) was the complete lack of any adjustment for the driver's seat, which I find utterly unconscionable, and extremely uncomfortable.

Our VW Transporters are a much better drive, a Fiesta Mk3 diesel van was pretty good, though had a weirdly low ride height, resulting in several encounters with Fleet Enforcement querying the load level, the Corsa E van that replaced the Fiesta is a nice little thing, though it takes forever to warm the engine up, and many people liked the Transit Connects we used to have, including me.

I've also driven both petrol and diesel Transit Mk3 and 4s, Merc Sprinters, ERF C and E series trucks, LDV vans, Astra vans, even an Iveco Luton body when I helped the SIL move house, pretty sure the Partner is the worst of the lot.