eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Just now, RoverFolkUs said:

And who thought it would be worthwhile putting an LPG system in a Seicento, is the 0.9L power*plant not economical enough 😂

<pedantry>

Ackchyually it's a 1.1.

</pedantry>

Must have been some skinflint bastard who specced that one up. 😆

1 minute ago, D.E said:

Imo they're peak 90s, with their round shape and teardrop rear lamps. Great colour on this one too, only thing is missing is a set of period correct three spokes😁

My Godmother's sister had a blue one before getting a Panda and later a Punto in similar shades of silver-blue.

£2500-3500 estimate

https://www.barons-auctions.com/view-lot/4466/for-sale-at-barons-auctions-1947-lanchester-ld-10

Lanchester-LD-10.jpg

And at the same auction: low mileage 205 1.0 XE, a half arsed attempt at making it look like a Rallye. The 1989 equivalent of sticking M badges and bumpers on a 316i?

https://www.barons-auctions.com/view-lot/4478/for-sale-at-barons-auctions-1989-peugeot-205-xe-with-only-16000-miles

Peugeot-205-xe.jpg

47 minutes ago, garethj said:

A mate of mine had the Blitzer Beetle which was slow as fuck, until we realised when he had assembled it he had left out the little metal pins the go through the driveshafts under the plastic hub nuts,

once they were fitted it was surprisingly quick 

11 hours ago, cort16 said:

Stimpson bug….. had one about thirty years ago. Party piece was to pull into a tight parking space nose first, leap out with insouciant elan, pick up back of said car, and place it next to the kerb……

13 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

That Bravo is great! 

And who thought it would be worthwhile putting an LPG system in a Seicento, is the 0.9L power*plant not economical enough 😂

Assuming petrol over the life of the fiat was £1.20 a liter, and LPG was £0.60 a liter. The car should get 46mpg on petrol so i would assume 42mpg on LPG. 

Assuming the LPG system was fitted when the car was new. That would Mean you would spend £5550 on petrol, or £3050. (and that is assuming you never put petrol in it, which you need too for warming it up). 

So £1500 savings worth it when you consider the install cost around of £1k, uses boot space, and needs servicing and inspecting.

The only way you can make lpg make sense is fit it too some big yank tank or do silly miles.

At least its not started rusting around the LPG fill point yet!