eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

29 minutes ago, J W Pepper said:

some lovely period plates on that!

they better not get binned of for some cheap £20 Pressed Silver on black ally job!

(tho sadly I imagine thats exactly whats going to happen :( )

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1442086

1983-renault-20-tx-automatic-6252eb28978f8.jpg?ixlib=php-3.3.1&s=8306c46eea3cdfd8c3104b81754afdb2

This has to be one for the best adverts thread

Frankly it seems to have been kept in a state of minimal maintenance for many years, and I have spent the year of ownership doing needed improvements. That is not a reflection on previous owner, these things are horribly expensive to run, it was his daily transport.... and he had 2 of them!

Sounds like an utter legend

In terms of bodywork, the previous owner apparently improved the appearance by applying a thin layer of filler down the passenger side once yearly

I have no idea what is underneath. Nor do I want to know! 

however the rear quarter is badly corroded, and lets water into the boot. This is not an issue for MOT simply because there are no rear seat belts

It is noted as having had a replacement auto box in recent years - and it actually works!!! 

It's actually been weirdly reliable in my ownership.

Please don't come making low offers based on the fact that it's rough as a badger's bum.... I've already said so in plain speak.

the question is do you want a R20 specifically (Hobsons choice), and what sort of a car can you get for £3k anyway?

I love these cars and this is almost my ideal spec (sans auto box) 

This seller sounds like a right character, and I really really like that. 

Don't suppose it's anyone on here?