eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 4/11/2022 at 8:42 PM, garethj said:

I think it was very hot indeed

On 4/11/2022 at 9:00 PM, garethj said:

can confirm these are excellent cars, but I had the later T-Series engine though

Just now, High Jetter said:

That sounds right, I was too lazy to find the original post. Could therefore fit with the year of manufacture.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fair play 👍👍👍

Yes it was deffo an L plate, I used to fantasise over owning one after I had a CAR magazine or the like stating they were the best thing since sliced bread winning I think every element of the road test they tried it on. I'm sure it was a black one and they couldn't stop harping on about the V8. I think it's competition at the time might have even included a late model scorpio, senator (both 5 years or more into the model run) and a 5 series, maybe a merc but it hammered them in every category. 

They weren't wrong either, still quite a few about having given their owners very little bother over the years. 

1 minute ago, wesacosa said:

omg. Orange and not too far away.  wonder what the reserve is. Shame it has the more modern instruments

Seller doesn't seem to expect thousands of pounds:

I have used the Practical Classics price guide (Feb 2022 issue) for prices, as you don't see these up for sale often.  And in the guide it seems to be a Condition 2 vehicle - "can be used, having a current MOT, but needing work" - that has a guide price shown of £800.  I do have a number of parts for the car (new and used) that I have collected over the years, and IF IT SELLS FOR MORE THAN £850 will include these in the sale.

13 hours ago, wesacosa said:

omg. Orange and not too far away.  wonder what the reserve is. Shame it has the more modern instruments

It has the more modern instruments because it's a 130. But this also means it has all the upgrades* of a Rapid which means according to the reviews of the time it'll drive like a 911 rather than a tug boat. 

I'd also want to see what's under the seat covers, even if they are a bit knackered. Some of the later cars had great black and white stripey seats.