eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

46 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Ex-BeEP Clio now up on FB Marketplace for double the price, with no mention of the issues - maybe they've been fixed already... 🤔

277804748_120717493893413_11573955088289

Typical fake/dummy FB profile too! Always a tell-tale of a private trader. At least a "warranty" is being offered!

19 hours ago, Dan29 said:

Tempting but the broken one I bought was £1500 and half the mileage. If it was £800 I might have had a go; there are some* faults that are gearbag out/replacement needed. 

Thanks for thinking of me! I did wonder if there was a living to be made out of fixing them....

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Ex-BeEP Clio now up on FB Marketplace for double the price, with no mention of the issues - maybe they've been fixed already... 🤔

277804748_120717493893413_11573955088289

"Immaculate" - definitely very much not.  Bumper corners don't fit properly and he's carefully avoided showing the worst of the mismatched paint - but I can see it's still there.

"No issues at all" - except the scrubbed tyres, non-functional heater blower, driver's door dropping slightly when opened, floppy key blade etc...

"£30 tax" - nope, it's £165.

"Warranty" - really!?

On the plus side he turned up when he said he would, paid the agreed amount and disappeared without fuss.  It's the worst car I've had for a while and I lost £20 on it, so I'm not complaining too much.

Grim looking HC Viva, £795 in Essex

"Sadly Selling my 1974 vauxhall viva estate 1256 as I have realised it's to much work for me at the moment so I'd rather move it on than let it sit any longer,it's a 1974 hc vauxhall viva estate registered on the first of October 1974,being a estate it is extremely rare now and sought after. Comes with old tax disks from 97/98 when it was last on the road,also has some period stickers on the back and some nice patina👍has keys and v5

The floor is largely rust free apart from a minor hole in the corner of the passengers footwell,but the sills boot corners and arches need work on both sides. Also the a piller and the roof have minor rust holes.engine seems seized but is a quite common engine to find as was used in chevettes 

I would love to see it go to someone to restore it and bring it back to its former glory. but I'd be happy if it's parts go on to save
 another."

viva1.thumb.jpg.9f822590dd73e650d7072ccceaf8c2c2.jpg

viva2.thumb.jpg.eb554ee30a6d6f1439a80577f7d50402.jpg

viva3.thumb.jpg.ddf4273423dc6e6d7dcac74cdeaefe83.jpg

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I dunno, I had the closely related Kia Magentis V6 of similar vintage and that was a surprisingly entertaining thing to drive once you'd got over the complete lack of steering feel.

The V6 is definitely the better engine as the 4 pot I had (technically still have) was dismally grim to drive. A perfectly adequate engine for the smaller Hyundai models, but simply not enough oomph for the larger Sonata.

Rover 75 Connoiseur Conniesoor Connoisseur - aye, that. Five hunner smackeroonies, Edinburgh-ish. Nae MOT. 2.0 V6. Shy of 58k miles. Lovely.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112300878610

6e7d34bc96da484d9446930b45103934.jpg

2 hours ago, C1am said:

A 90's automatic Honda with a years ticket for £375!? Maybe there are some reasonably priced motors out there in this current market after all!

7 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

A 90's automatic Honda with a years ticket for £375!? Maybe there are some reasonably priced motors out there in this current market after all!

Not ULEZ compliant. 

Over the next year or so this is goingnto be a bigger issue than the scrappage scam. 

4 hours ago, New POD said:

Not ULEZ compliant. 

Over the next year or so this is goingnto be a bigger issue than the scrappage scam. 

That's true, but there's plenty of places in the UK where there's none of this ULEZ nonsense where a car like that would still be lapped up in seconds