eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

6 hours ago, Austat said:

Have we had this yet? £500:

14419482.thumb.jpeg.b6fc91ef901b030724626cc03a9e2355.jpeg

14418418.thumb.jpeg.916645cfd75438fa50fd87251dd75f47.jpeg

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1309939

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Interestingly that's showing as having a current MOT.  Unless the seller has nicked the ID for another Salamanda obvs.

3 hours ago, barrett said:

"has no registration" so I think you're right about the latter, which is a shame.

yeah I have been wondering what exactly he meant by that,

more specifically  how he got an MOT onto TBA8X in the first place as it looks like its not moved in about 30 years

as you say, if I had to guess he either he stuck the ID on another car and punted that through an MOT, or just put a bent MOT on it (tho there is an MOT fail before hand)

and im guessing he is probably doing this to rob it of its registration number sadly (but even if robbed of its plate it would have an age related registration, so it does sound like the guy has pinched the VIN plate off it as well LOL, unless the guy just does not know how private plates work)

it would be fun if someone got that Salamander and applied for its V5, id like to see the guy try and explain to the DVLA why the new owner should not be issued a V5c for TBA 8X because he needs it to ring his own car LOL (if thats whats going on here)

thankfully he provides a nice abundance of photos of just the sort to argue your case against him with the DVLA :) 

as a side note I noticed the DVLA has updated its number plate transfer policy to specifically state that historic vehicles need an MOT still even if normally exempt

image.png.e74609f466c133680257fcb33a761395.png

if I go back to a web archive of the same page from 2020 its not there

image.png.62904637f320f7a4d836ee5de54a1a83.png

its nice to see the DVLA implement this, as it at least guarantees that a historic vehicle will be made road worthy (unless it gets a bent MOT of course) and stops people from just buying old vehicles just for their plate and punting them on un-restored etc

which was a big gripe of mine, if your going to rob a vehicle of its plate the least you can do is get it road worthy!