eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

@RayMK Need any bits?

s-l1600.jpg

No, but thanks for asking.  There's only a handful of those MK3/4 Regals left. Although my MKVl shares a very similar engine and transmission, the screen and interior are completely different.  Mine still looks very pretty from 10ft+ but has not moved for months because my son has stuffed the garage with motorcycles (Honda NC750x and a Suzuki SV650S). I'm probably going to sell my Regal this year. I seem to remember threatening to sell it in previous years...

Edited by RayMK
Roman numeral trouble

On 3/7/2022 at 6:33 PM, grogee said:

Very nice. Strangely appealing even though a Connoisseur SE would be my choice. My 45 was a Club, maybe that's why I like it 

Isn't Classic the bASe spec though with Club being somewhere in the middle? Whichever it is, it still has cloth upholstery for ultimate misery 😁

17 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Very nice. Strangely appealing even though a Connoisseur SE would be my choice. My 45 was a Club, maybe that's why I like it 

Isn't Classic the bASe spec though with Club being somewhere in the middle? Whichever it is, it still has cloth upholstery for ultimate misery 😁

It may well be, the Rover naming convention was Byzantine. 

It does look too snazzy for bASe with all that wood. 

I bet it's alright. 

35 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Whichever it is, it still has cloth upholstery for ultimate misery 

😁

I've said it before but I really don't see the appeal of leather (unless it's red, but that's just a little fetish of mine). I would much rather have a good quality cloth.

I've no idea if the 75s have a good quality cloth but I'd imagine it's fairly decent. I know on the ZT the higher spec cars had alcantara for the main surface with just leather side bolsters. Much better. 

In the old days leather was the basic option, I don't know how it became a perceived luxury. 

24 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I've said it before but I really don't see the appeal of leather (unless it's red, but that's just a little fetish of mine). I would much rather have a good quality cloth.

I've no idea if the 75s have a good quality cloth but I'd imagine it's fairly decent. I know on the ZT the higher spec cars had alcantara for the main surface with just leather side bolsters. Much better. 

In the old days leather was the basic option, I don't know how it became a perceived luxury. 

Leather has its place, you make a good point about it being a perceived luxury though. 

I find it quite uncomfortable, too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer unless they're heated/cooled. And it can be quite slippery and unsupportive

If (well, when) I have a 75 then I think leather would be a bonus as I don't really like the cloth seats they have

I think the cloth is quite cheap in the 75s (the newer ones at least) as I frequently see the seat upholstery has become baggy on them as it separates from the foam underneath. My 45 had the same issue with the "Alcantara" seat pad.

I like the ZT half leather seats too, I hadn't thought of them 

In fact I'd probably like a ZT over a 75, not sure why exactly as they're virtually the same but the ZT feels like it's not trying as hard to be a Jag as the 75, which they never really were upto!

5 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Leather has its place, you make a good point about it being a perceived luxury though. 

I find it quite uncomfortable, too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer unless they're heated/cooled. And it can be quite slippery and unsupportive

If (well, when) I have a 75 then I think leather would be a bonus as I don't really like the cloth seats they have

I think the cloth is quite cheap in the 75s (the newer ones at least) as I frequently see the seat upholstery has become baggy on them as it separates from the foam underneath. My 45 had the same issue with the "Alcantara" seat pad.

In fact I'd probably like a ZT over a 75, not sure why exactly as they're virtually the same but the ZT feels like it's not trying as hard to be a Jag as the 75, which they never really were upto!

Mine is a Connie SE and has heated leather seats in the front.  They're OK but the heaters aren't the most powerful and take a few minutes to get going.  The seat heaters in the (cloth-upholstered) 45 I had were much more potent.

8 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Mine is a Connie SE and has heated leather seats in the front.  They're OK but the heaters aren't the most powerful and take a few minutes to get going.  The seat heaters in the (cloth-upholstered) 45 I had were much more potent.

That's interesting to hear about the leather seats in the 75

Interesting you say that as my 45 had heated cloth seats as well and I found them very strong too, although none of my other cars have had heated seats so it's hard for me to compare. They were nice in winter for those few mins before the blowers took effect

Unfortunately it had no summer comfort as the AC was inop and needed more than a "regas m8"!

It was a MK2, Club trim level which I am led to believe is halfway along the spectrum, lacking leather and climate control but had almost everything else. 

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I admit there are different standards of leather just as there are cloth but I don't think any of them can beat a good cloth for comfort or appearance. 

All these examples were available with leather, probably at extra cost. 

Mercedes W123. 

P6210478.jpg.f15aec0918b06cc8173a1708bbb2f566.jpg

DSCN3928_zps3d2aa6fd.jpg.5cbd5b81e5376dbb4efdf6756281ed44.jpg

Volvo 240. I think the 740 had similar. 

8afaab2087cedff75a451d8cd8ea9ce3--upholstery-volvo-.jpg.bc2a127512923da72793ed26dd8de3ef.jpg

Vauxhall were the Kings of 80s velour. 

Vauxhall_Senator_A.jpeg.7b6768474d3f978fc8b33e2f6fd16c92.jpeg

But the overall winner is the Fiat 130 coupe. 

8ad77f5eca51388dd467f33c2b3673f4.thumb.jpg.80bb0b2b166aaaf9aa8aea3259473dae.jpg

Fiat130Coupe_16.thumb.jpg.003863a0c2df1490d608840ec570fc3a.jpg

Tell me you'd rather have leather over these and I won't believe you. 

2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I admit there are different standards of leather just as there are cloth but I don't think any of them can beat a good cloth for comfort or appearance. 

All these examples were available with leather, probably at extra cost. 

Mercedes W123. 

P6210478.jpg.f15aec0918b06cc8173a1708bbb2f566.jpg

DSCN3928_zps3d2aa6fd.jpg.5cbd5b81e5376dbb4efdf6756281ed44.jpg

Volvo 240. I think the 740 had similar. 

8afaab2087cedff75a451d8cd8ea9ce3--upholstery-volvo-.jpg.bc2a127512923da72793ed26dd8de3ef.jpg

Vauxhall were the Kings of 80s velour. 

Vauxhall_Senator_A.jpeg.7b6768474d3f978fc8b33e2f6fd16c92.jpeg

But the overall winner is the Fiat 130 coupe. 

8ad77f5eca51388dd467f33c2b3673f4.thumb.jpg.80bb0b2b166aaaf9aa8aea3259473dae.jpg

Fiat130Coupe_16.thumb.jpg.003863a0c2df1490d608840ec570fc3a.jpg

Tell me you'd rather have leather over these and I won't believe you. 

You're not wrong! 

Personally, I would prefer quality cloth over leather, (like velour or Alcantara) but if it had cheap cloth thats prone to either stains or going baggy then I'd rather leather, even if it was cheap 👍

Weighing in on the leather 'mass debate' (see what I did there): I like it but probably only because the brochures told me to when I was little. I do find some cloths a bit static-y. Ford leather has traditionally been shit, it was paper thin on my 1990 Scorpio. It's pretty fragile on my Puma too (Recaros).

The Saab has nice, thick leather, no complaints from me and the heaters are effective. Even the back seat passengers get a bumwarmer.

Interestingly JLR did identify a niche in 'organic' alternatives to leather, figuring that there are probably vegetarians who would object to cow skin. I can't remember what they called the alternative, or even what it looked like. Does anyone know?

13 minutes ago, 11001010 said:

That looks wrong. The cab is painted up like some sort of rally support vehicle and is completely mis matched with the back as if the caravan bit was pinched off something else. If it was mine I would be painting the back in some sort of Leyland Special Tuning livery to match the cab.